Silhouette + Glitter Paper?

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by sm_amber, Jan 23, 2017.

1. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

So.. I have a sorely underused Silhouette SD and I'm working on a project that I want to have glitter letters on a banner (Michael's was all out of plain old foiled cardstock). Can I put the glitter cardstock through the Silhouette, or will that totally jam up the insides and make me cry big fat hybrid baby tears?

2. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

@sm_amber - you can use glitter paper in your Silhouette! I'd say test a few different settings - if it starts making a bad noise pause it quickly and re-adjust :-)
    Set the blade as low in numbers as possible - the higher the number, the deeper the blade will go - which sounds good, but if it goes too deep it will really mess up the mat - which is costly.
    I usually start with the settings @ Kraft Paper - and then work from there.

3. sm_amber

Excellent - thank you! I'm excited to see how things go.. I kind of (really) started with NO plans, took the 4yo to the store and tried not to take too long gathering supplies.. Still not totally sure what I want to do, but hopefully it will turn out okay.. or at least not awful, lol!

bestcee likes this.
  4. JillW

I really used my machine a lot when I first bought it - I did a ton of video watching - good luck!

5. sm_amber

It worked! And it soooo pretty! Once I get everything assembled I'll take a pic and share.. Thanks for the vote of confidence, @JillW! :heartlub

mrspotts and JillW like this.
  6. JillW

@sm_amber - I'm glad it worked so well!!! :-) I do LOVE my machine - I just have to get back into the groove of using it!