Silhouette Cameo vs other electronic die cutting machines? hybrid projects?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Ellie, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Ellie

Ellie Little Bunny Cupcake

Hi Everyone!
    I am planning on getting an electronic die cutting machine for my wedding anniversary present, (lucky me!) and I am swaying towards the Silhouette Cameo due to its draw and cut function and apparently its easy to use.

What I want to know is what you might have and what you think about it, or is there a better one to buy?

I want to use for hybrid projects, so I thought asking fellow TLP ladies what they like and dislike would be a great place to start :)

Thankyou!

Ellie x

2. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I opted for the Silhouette Portrait because I'm low on space and all the cutting files I've ever been interested in are US Letter or smaller anyway. I haven't used a ton of cutting machines myself but I did watch a lot of YouTube reviews before getting the Silhouette and I have no complaints. There are always promotions going on various craft blogs so it's not too hard to get a good deal on a Silhouette. :)

3. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

i bought a cameo before the portrait was an option. I chose it over the cricut for the very simple fact that I could make my own designs (that was a no brainer!) I use it for a lot of those pinterest home decor projects I just HAD to have, but have also used it some gifts and even these cute "we moved" photo cards! I don't do hybrid scrapping, but I really love having it, especially after killing my fingers once cutting out a stencil by hand. whew!
    [​IMG]

4. Ellie

Ellie Little Bunny Cupcake

Thankyou so much for your input and person experiences Lorry and Kendra :) much appreciated

I adore that new address folder! So cute, TFS!

I am leaning towards to Cameo more now, lets see if I can master that before moving onto a hardcore machine lol

5. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

I had a wishblade years ago and it was fun but the software wasn't that intuitive. Then I got a cricut and it was so simple to use but the cartridges added up quickly and I hated the idea of purchasing a cartridge to use only 1-2 of the shapes. I now have a silhouette cameo and it is awesome. My favorite of the 3.