Shadowing clear pocket protectors?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by iciclelady, Aug 26, 2012.

1. iciclelady

iciclelady Active Member

2. Ink and Pixels

Ink and Pixels Active Member

I'm interested in the answer as well. I'd like to add to your question if you don't mind. :)

Do you end up placing photos in front if or behind the pocket layer? Mostly I've ended up placing my photos on top of the page protector and shadowing the photos. I haven't shadowed the protectors themselves.

3. mommatrish

mommatrish mommatrish

hold on let me pull up Photoshop and I'll try to talk you through my way - though undoubtedly someone else knows an easier way.

4. mommatrish

mommatrish mommatrish

Here's what I do (using CS 3)

first I do a shadow on the pocket layer at this amount
    [​IMG]

then click on your style in the layers and click create layer. next, select the pocket layer, select magic wand, and click on the outside of the pocket and go to Select>Inverse. then cut. (Edit>Cut or CTRL+X)

go back to pockets and shadow with these amounts
    [​IMG]

5. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

I put everything underneath except for big bulky things like bows, bulky flowers and sometimes buttons... and I do shadow slightly different than Trish... For my page protector I change the shadow's blend mode to "color burn" instead of "linear burn"... otherwise I shadow everything else like I normally do.

6. charmedeebob

charmedeebob Heather's Team

there was a post in here somewhere about this same question...I can't for the life of me find it though! Good screen shots Trish, Val should put that in her downloads! :)

7. charmedeebob

charmedeebob Heather's Team