September/October 2016 Nominations

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by crystalbella77, Aug 31, 2016.

1. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

Going to combine these months since we are late to start!

Post your nominations for September/October here! Voting will start on September 7th and be up through the 14th. Then we will have the rest of September and October to read and discuss!

@gonewiththewind can you sticky this until we are ready to vote so it's easy to find?!

I will be back with my own nomination!

Lindzee and gonewiththewind like this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

3. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I don't think this one has been nominated recently. I'm going to suggest this one again. It's incredible. And the movie is coming out Friday too, so that helps with a visual
    [​IMG]

Lindzee and crystalbella77 like this.
  4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

This one had its own thread but I'll add it again here. I loved this book.

18774964.jpg

5. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I'm so glad your back! @crystalbella77. I'm up for anything. I read a couple of compelling novels over the summer so I guess I'll nominate "Last Act of All" by Aline Templeton. I found it complex and interesting, but I tend to stick to the mystery genre and I'm so happy to find a novel i like which is different and someone else has nominated.
    I assume September, October we will decide on two, but warning - three over the summer did not work out so enthusiastically.

crystalbella77 likes this.
  6. Tiff

Tiff I don't need no stinking playlists!

I'm nominating The Doorbell Rang by Rex Stout, a Nero Wolfe Mystery.
    https://www.amazon.com/Doorbell-Ran...=1472932795&sr=8-2&keywords=the+doorbell+rang

Don't worry about it not being the first in the series, I think you can read them pretty much in any order and enjoy them. This one has one of Wolfe's crazy capers with his extended team of investigators and some fun historical references to J Edgar Hoover.

7. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

It is an old one,but I have just started reading it and even though it is an autobiography I will still nominate it.: What's it all about. By Michael Caine.

8. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

ok getting voting up tonight after we get back from church! We had a little guy's birthday party this weekend and some sickies or I would have done it yesterday <3

I couldn't quite decide what to nominate so I went with the Kindle first one I chose this month :)

Who We Were Before Kindle Edition
    by Leah Mercer
    [​IMG]

9. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

If possible, I'll sneak in a last minute nomination for 11.22.63 by Stephen King. After the discussion in another thread, I found out my husband had a kindle copy in our shared library. Just downloaded it today.