September Muse - Week 2

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Sep 12, 2022.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hi everyone, we are continuing to look at the moon this month and concentrating on second of the four of the main phases this week;
    • New Moon - New Beginnings
    • Waxing Moon: Time for Action
    • Full Moon: Completion
    • Waning Moon: Conscious Endings

Week 2 | Waxing Moon: Time for Action
    During the waxing moon phase (between New Moon and Full Moon) the moon gradually begins to expand and grow in its fullness. The Crescent Moon is the first phase during this waxing period, when a sliver of shining silver appears in the sky. It is a great time to get motivated and put the intentions you set during the New Moon into action. As the moon progresses towards fullness, take realistic daily steps to achieve your intentions.

Keywords;
    • growth
    • motivation
    • transform
    • new ideas
    • evolve

Art Journaling Affirmations:
    • I can do anything I put my mind to.
    • I believe in myself.
    • I am powerful.
    • I am confident.
    • I release what no longer serves me.
    • I welcome creativity.
    • I send my desires into the universe.
    • I am grateful for all that I have.
    Other themes that can be explored through your art journaling include; meditation, imagination, creativity, joy, play, attachment wounds, trauma healing and healing inner child wounds.​

Inspiration board (images from Pinterest):
    Below you will find an inspiration board which may help you get started with your layout.

[​IMG]

Challenge for Week 2
    Create a layout about the waxing crescent moon, it can be as in depth as you like, or not. Perhaps you may simply want to create some art and not think too much, so that is certainly okay as well. :)

Your layout however will need to have these components in it:

• create a circular shape to mimic the moon’s round shape, once again this needs to be the main focus of your layout
    • add a crescent shape within this round shape, it can be orientated any way you like and it can be any colour you like
    • create some type of art on top of the crescent shape, use the inspiration board above to get some ideas
    • you need to use a phrase, prompt, affirmation or word that associates with what the waxing crescent moon phase is all about (use any of the keywords or affirmations up the top of this post or use your own)

Just a little fun fact: People in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres see the moon oriented differently from one another. It’s not a change in phase. It’s a change in the orientation of the moon with respect to your horizon. For people in the Northern Hemisphere, they are generally looking southward to see the moon (or sun) crossing the sky. In the Southern Hemisphere, people generally look northward to see the moon (or sun) cross the sky. The picture below shows you the different views.

[​IMG]

This also explains why a person in the southern hemisphere, when looking for (or building) a new house in a cold climate, will often seek out a house/location with a ‘northerly’ aspect so they get a lot of sunshine in the living areas during the cold winter months. People in the northern hemisphere on the other hand would primarily look for a ‘southerly’ aspect in the same situation.

My layout:
    I have taken some artistic license with my page. As you can see, I have used the northern hemisphere waxing crescent shape for my moon (even though I am down in the southern hemisphere), and I have also coloured mine a warm yellow whereas the ‘real’ waxing crescent is normally a cool sliver of silver. :) Actually I clipped a photo I took of the full moon to it! Lol!!

[​IMG]
    Credits are in the gallery

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. Please make sure to read the challenge rules in pink above!:) The challenge would also suit doing it in sections if you want to do it that way, but perhaps divide your page into 4 squares rather than 4 vertical rows. :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to Midnight EST Sunday Oct 2nd, 2022 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! Every layout you create is equal to one entry in the random draw. So if you create 1 layout you are entered once, if you create 4 layouts you are entered 4 times. :)

You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with this week! :)

Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Lovin' the challenge and "recipe" for the waxing moon.

[​IMG]

3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for the muse. Here's more art journaling related to TJ moving to University (She goes on the 18th).
    [​IMG]

4. wombat146

Wonderful pages Lisa and Angela!! :wub

Angela Toucan likes this.
  5. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

6. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I chose an affirmation
    [​IMG]

7. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you Ona for this muse ❤️

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  8. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Oh, I love the prompt and inspiration so much. Hopefully I can create a page soon.

wombat146 likes this.
  9. Lillyia

Lillyia Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this challenge so much! Thank you, @wombat146. Everyone is so creative with it.
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  10. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

I've so enjoyed this month's challenges! Thanks Ona for all of the celestial info!

AJ-Sept-wk2---Gratitude-web.gif

Lillyia likes this.
  11. wombat146

wow, such stunning pages girls!!! love them all! :wub

12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I might get all of these done. Here's my Week 2.

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  13. onaponakookt

onaponakookt Well-Known Member

my contribution to week 2
    [​IMG]