September Monthly Muse Week #4

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Rachel Jefferies, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Hi everyone,

How are you all doing?

I'm back with the final Muse for this month and a new video that will hopefully inspire you to apply some similar techniques to your digital pages.

Here is your video

rjefferies-agooddayto-01 copy.jpg

And here is the page that I created

rjefferies-agooddayto-02.jpg

Your challenge is to :

• Create an "A Good Day to . . . " page of your own. Include this title on your page, and add some journaling with the first things that pop into your head.
    • Paper Confetti - Add some somewhere, large or small :)
    • Book or News Paper - Add some somewhere
    • If you're up for the challenge, try and stick to neutrals and black and white only!
    • Add some text fragments or transfers somewhere
    "You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to September 30th, 2020 EST and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines)."

Have fun :beat

2. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

ooooooo.... thank you for the video..... and this should be fun! Yay!

3. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Clapping loudly!! This is an awesome video! Off to play! I had so much fun doing this month with you Rachel!!

4. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

5. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Thanks for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies likes this.
  6. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a wonderful video! I'll be back with a page. Love the inspiration so far.

8. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for another wonderful challenge. Here's my page for Week #4.

[​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies and flowersgal like this.
  10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for the video @Rachel Jefferies, I enjoy watching you create.
    I've taken the opportunity to explore and play with this months' mixed media monthly.
    [​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies and A-M like this.
  11. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you for the challenge and video ♥️

[​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies and A-M like this.
  12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

13. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

Loved the video!! So inspiring.
    [​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies likes this.
  14. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

15. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Your videos are always so inspiring! Thanks for sharing!
    [​IMG]

16. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I know this layout is a little more traditional but I did use the video and prompts as inspiration. I loved playing with the word fragments and using the reinforcements dots for my scatter. Thanks for the inspiration.

[​IMG]

Lillyia likes this.
  17. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Have Made It To Week#4's MM For September...Must Mean September Is Almost Over...LOL!...I Had A Bit Of A Rough Start On Week#1 But Once I Worked That Out...I Have Loved All Of The Collage Challenges...Way To Get Me To Focus On Certain Aspects Of MM Scrapping!...

*For Today's Layout...I'm Touching On A Few Current Themes...Covid-19/Mask Wearing..."You Can't Stop Me From Trying"...To Persevere/To Think Positive//To Get Through Each Day/And Hope That Each Day Will Get Just A Little Bit Brighter...A Good Day To Do:See Something:Feel Something-Do Something:Think Something:Create Something...The Center Focus Subject Matter Today Is Martin Luther King...I Have A Dream...It All Ties Into Our Current State Of Equal Rights Protests I Issues Today...He Had A Dream For Equality For All...All These Years Later & This Is Still At Issue...It Seems Unfathomable To Me...I Believe Deep Down Most People Fundamentally Want The Same Things...Love,Acceptance,Equality...Seems Like A No-Brainer To Me...My Heart Goes Out To All Those Who Have Been Affected & Touched By The Many Tragedies That Sadly,Seem To Be All Too Common These Days...Can't The Powers-To-Be Learn From Past Mistakes...& Open-Up Their Hearts & Minds Just A Little Bit More...& See All Sides Of This Sensitive Subject...Everyone Deserves All Of These Things & More...[Love/Acceptance/Equality]...I Can Only Hope That Things Are Gonna Change Now For The Better...So My WA Today Ties Back In To This Very Subject Matter...See Something?...Then Do Something...Feel Something?...Then Do Something...Think Something?...Then Do Something...And Lastly & Most Importantly For All Of Us Scrappers,Crafters & Creators...Create Something...Take All Of Your Feelings & Channel Them Into Something Creative...I May Not Be A Mover & Shaker On The Big Stage Of These Issues...But My Feelings Matter Too...& So I Have Creatively Put Them Into This Layout To Get Them Out There...Since That Is What I Do...I Feel Something/See Something/Think Something/Do Something...Then I Create Something...

*For My Say Something Layout-I Used:

*Pocket Art:Signature Kit No.6/Monthly Muse-Bits & Bobs1-Rachel Jefferies
    *Botanical Mix & Sprout-Lynn Grieveson
    *Life Is:Keeping Memories Alive-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Mixed Media Monthly-December 2019-Year Retrospective-Little Butterfly Wings/Paula Kesselring/Rachel Jefferies
    *Mixed Media Monthly-August 2016-Discover Yourself Artistically-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Mixed Media Monthly-October 2018-Journal Introspective Muse-Rachel Jefferies
    *Gently Templates-Template#2-Lynn Grieveson
    *Hello 2018-Color Styles-Overlay-Style 148 & 156-NBK Design
    *Strength Of A Woman-Color Overlay-NBK Design

*To The Best Of My Knowledge I Have Complied With All The Rules Of This Challenge...*

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    Lillyia likes this.
  18. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Here's mine. I tried to go black and white ,but it needed some hope and color!

[​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies and Lillyia like this.
  19. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

20. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member