September Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'September 2018 Challenges' started by jesskab, Aug 21, 2018.

1. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Ok class, it's story time!

Hey all, I'm super excited to bring you this month's Journaling Challenge. I am caught up in all the chaos & excitement of back to school time. There are so many amazing school themed kits in the shop & they've seriously sparked some nostalgia. This month, I'd like you to tell me a school story. Whether it was your personal experience or someone else's, let's share! Did you have a super-secret crush on someone? Worst school pic ever? Home school high jinks? That one time at Band Camp? Let's hear it!

I've made these two pages as examples. The first is about Jamie (younger son) finally potty-training & starting preschool. Seriously, look how proud his big brother is. My other page is about what sparked my interest in cheerleading & all the fun I had. I am so looking forward to reading your stories!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Your homework:
    • Your page does not need to have a picture.
    • You must have at least 3 lines of journaling to tell your school story, but of course I'd love more! The date & title do not count towards those 3 lines.
    • Have fun! Take the time to enjoy this page and documenting these memories.

As always: your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges' the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad (new prize starting with the July challenges)! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month' the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    Psychozoe, appellief, cinna and 5 others like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Love your example layouts, Jess. I'll have to think about this one.

jesskab likes this.
  3. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I love the challenge and made a page right away!!
    Of course I had to use the new Teacher Life cards from Soco!! :byay

[​IMG]

Journaling loosely translated:
    Having diner with my students, to the wok in Meppel. It was full with men that, just like us, were having their Christmas party. On these kinds of moments I always feel very adult. I am the responsible one of course, but I also very much feel like it. On this night, in my opinion, things kind of slipped out of my hands in the alcohol area, although they didn't agree. I really don't feel like I have any influence on that on a night like this. Next time I will address this issue before hand.

NOTE: these are college students. Our legal drinking age is 18. So the everything was legal. I just felt a bit weird about it since it was a school event.

NOTE: I obviously blurred the photo and names because of legal reasons.

4. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

[​IMG]

Journaling:
    July 29, 2013 was our very first day of homeschool. Raileigh was only four years old when we began- six weeks shy of her fifth birthday. However, she was completely ready for school. Even though we would be at home all day, she chose a fancy dress to wear on the first day.

5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

6. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Wow, Jess, for some of us you are going way back in history. So here's my story:
    [​IMG]

7. jesskab

@flowersgal I wish I had these memories from my grandparents. Often it's the every day that's so fascinating for other generations. Thank you so much for playing along! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  8. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

This was so much fun. I had just recently told my granddaughter this story (she likes to hear about my life and her Mom's life stories)
    [​IMG]

9. jesskab

10. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I don't know if this counts or not.

[​IMG]

cfile, Cherylndesigns and jesskab like this.
  11. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great challenge! My page:

[​IMG]

12. jesskab

Absolutamente!!!

Dalis likes this.
  13. Dalis

I was all teary eyed that she let me snap a picture with her at school in front of her lockers with all other parents and kids around.

cfile, Cherylndesigns and jesskab like this.
  14. jesskab

@Dalis that's what I commented on in the gallery. You never know what you're gonna get with a teen or preteen!

Cherylndesigns and Dalis like this.
  15. Dalis

100% agree, btw. LOVE YOUR new siggy!

jesskab likes this.
  16. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the great challenge, Jess! This is my grandson, Asher, three years ago on the first day of Pre-Kindergarten. He wasn't a very happy camper that day.

[​IMG]

cfile and jesskab like this.
  17. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Here's mine! Thanks for the fun challenge! I hadn't written this down anywhere yet so it needed to be documented!
    [​IMG]

jesskab and cookingmylife like this.
  18. Meibritt

Meibritt CT - Kate Hadfield

[​IMG]

Paula has been a schoolchild for several weeks. She still finds reading very difficult. But she practices diligently, whether at school or at home. Often she brings her primer and wants to practice reading.

jesskab and cookingmylife like this.
  19. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Thanks for a fun challenge :)
    [​IMG]

Trish, cookingmylife and jesskab like this.
  20. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under