September Accountability!! Put your goals here! GET Fit or FITTER♥

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Sep 3, 2018.

1. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Checking in for this month. Totally dropped the ball for August. Didn't gain anything, but ate bad.

Started my weight training last week. 3 days
    Started my walking today.
    Bought more salads for lunch instead of crap. And better breakfast choices.

Non-scale victory

MrsEm likes this.
  2. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

As a fitness instructor with 14 classes a week, I'm over-training when I teach too hard, do too many classes of the same format, or take on extra classes as a substitute instructor. So my fitness goals are about self-care and doing health practices that are good for MY body as opposed to my clients' bodies.

1) Make time for at least one MELT / yoga session and one reformer pilates session on my own per week
    2) MELT foot treatment before bed at least 5 nights per week
    3) Say NO when I get asked to sub classes that will cause unnecessary wear and tear on my body.
    4) Track my Weight Watchers points at least 50% of the time.
    5) Corrective exercise for right hip and be nice to it when it hurts

MrsEm and BevG like this.
  3. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

September Goals:
    Continue with the Keto diet.
    Get at least 10,000 steps 5 days a week.
    Eat nothing after 8pm.

Question: How often do you weigh yourself? Everyday or once a week?

MrsEm likes this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

The keto pros say don't weigh, watch your clothes. I weigh myself sometimes 3 times a day. Haha. I don't get bummed if I go up, just like to see it less.

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

September Goals:
    Stop finding what isn't working, and find what does work. :funfun

Cryptic much? :giggle

Cherylndesigns and MrsEm like this.
  6. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Well considering September is half over and I have not been good plus I have vacation next week my Main goal is - LOVE MYSELF.

It has been a trying time with work and getting stressed over things that I just need to refocus on ME.

Cherylndesigns, MrsEm and bestcee like this.
  7. bestcee

This is a great goal! And a worthy one!

8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Well earlier in the month I cut out sugar for about 10 days and got over that hump. I've gone back to a bit each day - I mean I bought a box of Costco's rugelach...raspberry and chocolate...so I have one each day after a day with about 5! I'm also cutting back on the carbs and whites quite a bit but allowing for one a day if I want. I lost about 6 pounds and even better when I went in for my semi-annual checkup all my #s were better than normal and my Dr. said if she gave grades I'd get an A+. I do like the gold stars of life! I am at 175 now and she said don't go below 165 mainly cause of my age. I need some cushioning. LOL

I do meditation before I get out of bed and another one before going to sleep. I also journal after the am meditation so my day starts calmly and with intention. (I'm retired so a lot of this is easier than it may be for others who work and/or have children.)

goals:
    Mainly meatless meals with fresh or frozen veggies as a replacement for carbs. I can put away a half bag of frozen peas instead of rice for curries etc. I want to stick to this because right now I'm really liking the feeling of being full but I don't get my TLP name for nothin'.

No eating after 8pm which is the hard one for me as I start watching tv at 8:30 for two hours but an iced coffee suffices.

Start going to the mall to walk two days a week and up this every two weeks till I'm doing it M-F. The days I don't walk I want to do something I can find on YT and do 30 min of anything that catches my eye.

Visit or have breakfast/lunch with another woman at least once a week. Friends deserve time.

Thanks Anne and everyone else for being a support.

bestcee, Cherylndesigns and BevG like this.
  9. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

It has been an interesting week here with the initial effects of the hurricane last Thurs-Sat (rain and wind) and then she hit us again with her backside on Monday (tornadoes and flash flooding). Since the impact was less for us than anticipated (but worse for those on the coast), we had cabin-fever by Saturday and had a party -- pizza, brownies and friends. But probably the biggest impact on my was being shut inside for days.

So I think I have gained and loss and gained and loss the same 2 pounds all week. Pressing on and hope to begin Monday in a good place.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  10. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

I've barely updated here this month. I've been so down. Kids are hard, family is hard, etc etc. I broke my streak but I have still done 18 yoga practices so far this month. My husband HAS been doing them with me which is pretty cool. I never measured myself or anything but the other day I put on a pair of jeans and my booty actually filled them out! So it's not all in my head, I'm growing some muscles y'all. :giggle I completely fell off the water bandwagon and uggghh, I feel it. Must drink water. This week WILL be better!

bestcee and Cherylndesigns like this.
  11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

well September was an absolute write off. Need to set some small goals I think for October. I know what I need to do, it’s the willpower to stay on track and follow through is my biggest problem.

12. bestcee

I don't know your fitness level, but I enjoy fitness blender on YouTube. They have a few different levels, and a real person vibe.

I bought a new mug to push my water intake. So far, it's working. And new means pretty so I enjoy making sure it's around and full!

13. MrsEm

MrsEm Well-Known Member

I want to try this for October. I'm due for a new water bottle!

bestcee likes this.
  14. bestcee

Mine's this one, only a gunmetal grey. I'm surprised at how long it keeps the water cold! It lasts the whole day and then some. I like that I can sip out of it, or use my reusable straw. And it fits in my cup holder at the gym and in the car!
    61PREORiUQL.jpg

MrsEm likes this.
  15. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

Ok I am going to give this a go. I at the beginning of my looking after myself journey. I have lost 6kg in the last 4 weeks...yeah me....and am focusing on the fitness part blogilates at home using the beginners calendar and walking the roads using my fitbit to count the steps......13000 steps 5 times a week I am aiming for. Drinking water I need to be more reliable at so I am aming to use my fitbit ap for this.

MrsEm likes this.
  16. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

So it is three weeks into October. I have been focusing on drinking 2 litres of water. This is going well although it took some working out when I went back to work...I am a teacher...how to drink the water and not need to go to the toilet all the time during class. I have been walking and doing my pilates and a new found home walking video thing. I have lost another 3 kg this month. So all is going well my end.

southernmother likes this.