SEPTEMBER 2018 - Monthly Muse - FIND YOURSELF - Week 3

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mimisgirl, Sep 20, 2018.

1. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

[​IMG]

Hi again!! Sorry for the slight delay, I spent all day yesterday with my tennager at the Dr. I thought I would be able to finish the post when I got home, but was just too exhausted, so I did it this morning.

Week 1 we talked about Finding your TRUE COLORS. You can see that post HERE.

Last week we looked at Finding your VOICE, which is located HERE.

And finally, this week we will be Finding Your Center!

Centering, refers to your mental and physical state.
    Centering means to calm your emotions and slow your mind and your breathing to a point where you can 'feel' a lot more going on around AND inside you. It's like a state of alertness, but really relaxed at the same time. It's also described as “Mindfulness”.

In order to center yourself, you need to be aware of how, where, or what your center is. Basically that just means you need know how to calm yourself enough to think clearly.

Being able to center yourself is really important, because let's face it - the world has gone crazy! We can either spend our entire life reacting to the crazy chaos around us, or we can find our calm, our happy place, and make thoughtful, healthy decisions and actions.

This has become evident to me in raising my children - all of us, my husband included, have ADD in some form, my boys have ADHD and let me tell you, it stretches me to my limits. But I have learned that helping them to find their center, and then asess their current state of emotions from there has been HUGE in helping them gain control over their overactive bodies.

I really like this quote
    "When you find your center you will NOT be drawn into someone else's storms"

This is HUGE for me! I am a fairly empathic person and I can't help but feel the pain of other people, BUT, it drains and stresses me out. So if I really want to HELP and LOVE people who are hurting, I absolutely MUST find and stay in my center.

So our prompts for today are some questions I would put to you. Take some time to think about the questions and chose one (or more ) to answer. Share your answer with us in some form using images, photos, or journaling to create a project.

FINDING YOUR CENTER

1. Do you already know WHAT or WHERE your center is? That place that calms and breathes life into you? It can be a physical place, like the mountains, or a metaphorical place deep inside yourself. How has finding your center helped you in life?

2. Are you still searching for your center? What is that process like for you? Is it a chaotic HOT MESS? or is it a peaceful journey? What are your hopes for this journey.

3. Is this a new idea for you? What is your reaction to the idea of searching for and finding your center? Is it something you want to do, or something you shy away from? Why do you think that is?

4. What is your stance on centered items anyway? Do they make you happy or drive you MAD! Here are some image to help you decide.

[​IMG]

5. Use a quote on finding your center as a focus for your page. Do you agree or disagree with the quote, why? You can react to it in anyway you want. (You can use the one I have above, or do your own quote search - totally up to you!)

Here is my page. It depicts life on any given day and the idea that I have to consciously CHOOSE to find my center.

[​IMG]
    It uses a new kit that will be coming out on FRIDAY! SO keep your eyes open!!

I can't wait to see what beauties you all come up with!!

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without photos. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. If you want all 4 Muses ( 1 for each week this month) on one page that's perfectly ok or you can make 4 separate pages!! It's totally up to you! :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to October 2nd and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Cherylndesigns likes this.
  2. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here is my contribution. I used the quote you kindly provided. And apparently this month I am using images of myself that I've made into stamps... 3 for 3.

[​IMG]

4. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

5. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I center myself with art. The drawings I use to give me inspirations are primarily from Willowing. The drawing on the left is a copy of a Willowing drawing and the drawing on the right is an actual scan of one of my drawing interpretations.
    [​IMG]

6. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

This isn't the ONLY thing that keeps me centered, but it certainly helps! I don't smoke or drink coffee, so when my world is getting stressed I turn to McDonalds Hot Chocolate. Best Drink Ever!

[​IMG]

7. Carol K.

Carol K. Well-Known Member

8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Wonderful prompts and thought-provoking challenge this week, Erin. I used a quote by the beloved Dr. Wayne Dyer, one of my all-time favorite people.

[​IMG]

9. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I Am Really Loving These Monthly Muse Challenges...I Am Still On My Own Personal Journey Of Discovery & I Find These Challenges To Be Both Personal & Really Thought Provoking...Finding My Center Has Always Been A Challenge For Me...Sure I Do Things That Make Me Happy Daily So I Can Cope With Life's Ups & Downs But Finding My True Self-Center Of Happiness Has Always Been A Struggle For Me...I Am Trying To Figure All These Things Out Along The Way Through My Own Personal Journey To Happiness...I Think Once You See My Layout...You Will See How I Feel About Life In General & How Much I Want To Come Out On Other Side Of Positive No Matter The Struggles Or Difficulties...Thank You For Another Thought-Provoking Challenge...

*For My Personal Center Layout-I Used:

*M3-Journey-Mixed Bag-Bundle-Lynne-Marie
    *M3-Traveler-Add-On-Papers-Paula Kesselring
    *Empty Nest-Elements-Amy Wolff
    *Rain Overlays-Draw Wing Zen

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  10. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

My ATC for a "centering" week #3 -
    [​IMG]

11. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

12. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.