Semi-new to digital scrapbooking

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by Asenah Taylor, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Asenah Taylor

Asenah Taylor New Member

Hi all. Can Lilypad digital bundles be used in Word or Publisher. I really didn't want to purchase a digital scrapbooking program because the ones I have so far I find difficult to understand. I want to just create in publisher or word but didn't want to buy the product if I can't use it. Also, do you recommend any easy and basic digital scrapbooking plans to use?

2. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

come to chat here in 1 hr 20 min and see what digi scrapebook like

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Hello and welcome to The Lilypad. Let's see if I can answer your questions. I know you could bring in individual items into Word, but I don't think you'd be able to layer them and make finished scrapbook pages in there. I have no experience with Publisher, so I can't answer that. I use Photoshop and have for the last decade, so that's what I'm confortable with, but it definitely had a learning curve up front. There is also Photoshop Elements (PSE) that is much cheaper but does most of the things that full blown Photoshop does. I'd recommend taking a look at one of our Designer's YouTube channels. She records herself while scrapbooking and that might help you get a little more familiar with the process? You can find her here: https://www.youtube.com/c/WatchCherylScrap

There are also a couple of different programs/apps that you can use on an iPad that might work for an easier learning curve. Let me dig up a few threads that might help in that direction too... be back in a bit.

LynnG and bellbird like this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi there, I'm not sure it would work in MS Word either but maybe Publisher - i haven't used it for several years (mostly with the kids for particular school assignments) but i think you have the option to rightclick and select 'send to the back' or 'bring to the front' and could layer papers and photos that way? And could of course add text boxes for journalling or titles.
    I'm just not sure whether it can handle PNG files that most digiscrap elements are available as though.
    If you want to just give it a go, you could try with this freebie kit https://the-lilypad.com/store/Sweet-Storytelling-Free-Kit.html the link within the page will take you to facebook to one of the designers pages and then you can download it to unzip it but then you could see if it actually works for what you want to do. Hope that helps but Karen has given you some extra advice and info links above too. If you do try it, let me know how it goes :)

Karen likes this.
  6. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I know of an elderly lady in her 80s who uses a very old version of Publisher and creates some lovely scrapbook pages. She uses both JPEG and PNG files in her program.

This website HERE might help you.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  7. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

@Asenah Taylor - Like the others have said you can scrapbook in Publisher, but it will be more difficult than using Photoshop Elements (PSE) or Photoshop CC. I definitely wouldn't use Word. You wouldn't be able to stack things on top of the paper easily in Word. Also with Word or Publisher, you wouldn't be able to use any of the templates offered in the store.

I recommend you do a30-day trial of Photoshop elements 2022. Here's the link to download. It's also on sale 30%off until 2/13 for $69.99. There's lots of people here who use Photoshop Elements and Photoshop CC, so you can ask questions. Someone is always willing to help out a fellow scrapper. :agree

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Affinity is another option. It's similar to Publisher but, has a little more options for scrapbooking. It's also a pay once program.
    I know you can create in Publisher, word is harder but you can do that too. Of those two options, Publisher is better.

I'm not sure what you mean by
    Can you clarify what you mean by scrapbook plans?

9. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Hello @Asenah Taylor, welcome to the Lilypad.
    I scrapbook in Affinity Publisher. I find it much easier than PSE or photoshop. I've scrapped with Pageplus, another publisher before too - that was what I started out with. I don't know about MS Publisher as I don't have that. Scrapbooking in Affinity Publisher is a simple as dragging and dropping papers, photos and elements onto the page and moving them about and resizing etc. I can add drop shadows, make simple photo adjustments, and flip and rotate etc. Again, I could do that in Pageplus too. So I would guess that MS Publisher works similarly.
    All of the element packs, kits and paper packs come in jpg format for papers, and png format for elements.
    If you want to try before purchasing, then sign up to the designer's newsletters. Many of them give a free kit to new subscribers. Details here.
    Feel free to private message me for help and to talk about the best way to scrapbook in a desktop publisher. For timezones note that I'm in the UK.

bestcee and LynnG like this.
  10. mom_of_3

mom_of_3 New Member

Hi, is there a really good app or program recommended for digi-scrapbooking on an iPad?

TIA

Karen and gonewiththewind like this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Check out post #4 above. Karen shares some great links to other threads that share info about Affinity and Procreate for scrapbooking on the iPad. :)

Angela Toucan and Karen like this.
  12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@Asenah Taylor and @mom_of_3 Welcome to the pad! we are so glad you are here. Just let us know if we can help you with anything.. Looks like the ladies have been helping you all!!

13. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

14. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!