Seeking Feedback: Themed/Monthly(ish) from Weekly

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by LeeAndra, Feb 4, 2015.

1. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I am now on my third year of PL, and it's just not coming together for me like it has in past years. I have done it weekly up until this point, and it hasn't mattered to me when I had photos from different days, different kits/cards, etc.

I'm trying to pull January together, but I'm hitting a mental/creative roadblock with all the mismatched photos/events/memories. The page I put together for my birthday (which was 4 days) and the page I did for NYE were easy to do, but an ordinary week... I have now done 2 versions with those photos and am still not happy.

I hear everyone talking abt monthly PL, but I guess I've never really thought abt how that differs from weekly. Do those of you who scrap monthly PL do it by theme? That seems to make the most sense to me in this moment, but I've already changed my process so much this year that I'm afraid going 'too off the rails' will mess me up completely.

Can those of you who do monthly/anything but weekly link me up with your pages? Or share your process with me?

TIA! :heartlub

2. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

Hi LeeAndra!
    I did a monthly for 2013. I did one two page spread for most months, but if I it was a busy month and I had lots of photos I would do several two pages spreads. I didn't worry about putting exact dates, just the month and year. 2013 was my third year of doing PL and the one I enjoyed the most because I kept things simpler. Basically I would gather my photos once or twice a month and put together my pages. I used Lynn-Marie's templates (and word art) because I could change the layout to go with what photos I had.

This is what I used:

[​IMG]

You can see my book here:

https://the-lilypad.com/forums/showthread.php/34407-Just-printed-2013-sharing-here

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  3. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'll be watching this thread. I'm currently doing weekly still... but I'm going back and making PL albums with photos from past years. I'm working on 2010 right now and so far, so good as for the first five months I was doing photo-a-day. But after that, I just have a bunch of photos from the month to figure out what to do with.

4. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I have kind of embraced the plan of gathering the photos that I have and then placing them in a layout--if that is one page for a week, then I do one page for a week. Last year in August and September (I think), I had some weeks that had very few photos and some weeks that had an overabundance. So, what I did was to write a little recap for the month and then just started putting photos in my templates until I ran out of photos. Does that make sense?
    I also really like Lynne Marie's Template builders too.