Seafood | pad patter April 17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Apr 18, 2023.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Today is National Crawfish day according to some calendar I found online. So that made me think about having crawfish boils in NOLA. I think crawfish are more of a regional seafood so how many of you like seafood? Do you dislike it? Is there a favorite that you won’t ever say no to? Is there something you won’t eat?

I like sushi, lobster, clams, crawfish, shrimp, cod and salmon. I don’t particularly like fishy fishy. Fish and chips are really a favorite especially with tartar sauce.

G.J. and umyesh like this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Yes to fish and chips with tartar sauce! Yum!

Shrimp is my favorite but I like fish, lobster, and clam chowder too.

I don’t like sushi.

3. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I love almost all seafood! Faves are crab, lobster and any shellfish, squid, octopus, halibut, tuna and salmon. About the only seafoods I've tried that I really dislike are sole and eel.

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@umyesh, I'm with you on the not liking sushi

As far as what I do like....I'm pretty simple.... I like most white fish and the odd bit of salmon (I do like salmon but it doesn't always agree with me fully).

My fave thing is grilled fish (can't have crumbed or battered due to being Gluten Free and the Gluten Free crumbed or battered fish isn't that great and very expensive for what it is) and chips with tartare sauce

umyesh likes this.
  5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I pretty much like all seafood that I've tried. I even like sushi! I was scared for a long time to try any of the uncooked versions of sushi, but it's so yummy! My hubby loves to fish for perch, walleye and bluegill, so we always have a stash of white fish around the house too. We eat a lot of dishes with shrimp in them and everyone in our family loves shrimp. My hubby also makes a mean lobster on the grill! Mmmm... I've tried clams, callamari, scallops, crawfish in a big giant mix with a ton of other stuff and I've loved it all!

6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I haven't ever had crawfish....

I love sushi, shrimp, scallops, lobster, and Chilean Sea Bass. I'm not a huge fan of many types of fish, I think it's the texture and sometimes the smell.

7. tiffany scraps

tiffany scraps still plays outside

I love sea food. Unfortunately I live in Idaho so it is generally pretty expensive here. When I vacation near the coast I always make sure to get some. My very fave is crab legs but I like fish tacos, shrimp, salmon...... Mmmmm

8. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Love, love scallops, love shrimp, like crab, lobster is okay. Not a fish-fish fan, although I do eat canned tuna fish made into tuna salad, and I like "seafood" salad made with that fake crab (Alaskan white fish???).

9. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I very much dislike fish.. never been a fan and don't you dare open a can of tuna next to me.. the smell alone makes me vomit

But I love shrimp..crab..lobster.. scallops...
    Shrimp is my favorite by far... coconut shrimp ...mmmm

10. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

If it lived in water, I don't eat it.

It's a phobia. Even fake fish sticks or fake crab - can't do it.

11. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

LOVE seafood! I grew up in western WA and we lived not far from the coast- so we had FRESH crab, clams, oysters, scallops and all the fish regularly! My most fave is crab- fresh with just lemon juice and little butter. 2nd fave is probably scallops- but again- fresh and have to be cooked correctly so they dont get chewy. SO yum! I'm actually not a big lobster fan. It's not that I don't "like" it, I just don't think it's worth the hefty price tag! One thing I WONT eat is raw oyster shooters. It's the texture of slimy/goo that gets me.

12. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I agree ... nothing worse than rubbery scallops. Yuck to raw oysters, but my picky-picky-PICKY eater grandson who normally refuses to try anything new tried raw oysters with friends and like Mikey "he likes them."

Remember the Life cereal commercial with Mikey who hated everything???

amien1 likes this.
  13. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I like a fair bit of seafood -- shrimp, lobster, scallops, salmon, sushi (although I prefer it wrapped in soy paper because I find the nori/seaweed too fishy) and mild fish. Not a fan of fish that taste super fishy. I try to avoid a lot of red meat and chicken gets boring so when we eat out, I tend to eat salmon and shrimp a lot.

14. MikkieR

MikkieR Active Member

I'm a seafood junkie, I nearly eat everything. Everything but Herring&Onions. I've tried it, since it's a real Dutch thing according to many people but....I just couldn't swallow it. The trash can however was happy to oblige. ;)

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  15. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I live 5 miles from the Gulf of Mexico in Southwest Florida where there is fresh seafood everywhere you look. I will not eat sushi, or oysters, or octopus, or squid. Other than that, I love it all. My favorites are scallops, crab, shrimp, and grouper.

16. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I love all seafood and fish ... and bring on the sushi too!! I eat it all. Etouffee is literally my favorite meal --- so yes to crawfish too. Though I usually end up making mine with langostino tails (somewhere between a micro-sized lobster and shrimp and sold at Trader Joe's) and shrimp, since crawfish is not readily available at local stores.

Poke bowls with raw salmon are my fav too!!! Yum!!!

17. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Fish/seafood is the only animal protein I can have, so I'm lucky that I love it! I just don't like the really smelly stuff, fishy-tasting stuff, like ocean perch. And I adore sushi! My DH & I even took a sushi making class for our anniversary one year. It was a blast!

18. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love shrimp, white fish, salmon, and sushi. I'm not a fan of lobster, crab, clams, or scallops. I don't eat a lot of it at home because no one else likes it much, but I eat my weight on vacation lol

G.J. likes this.
  19. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I love seafood! All kinds.

Although I've never had crawfish. I have dissected them though. LOL!

20. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

LOVE seafood and fish, actually just to think about it, I'm drooling, lol. I really like lobster, crawfish (a stuff with potatoes, corn and garlic or in paella, of just with a good tomato-chilli sause over some homemade pasta, believe me simply delicious).