scrapping resolutions for 2010

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by nockosh, Dec 6, 2009.

1. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

I know its too early for New Year's resolutions but I've been thinking about what I would like to do more of scrapping wise next year.

I would like to scrap about me more, as I don't do it at all now. One of my CT members scraps about herself often and I think it such a wonderful thing her children will have from her.

Also I am going to conquer my fear of patterned papers. I love layouts with patterned papers but I can't seem to use them myself, so I am going to tackle them next year

Does anyone else have a list of things they want to do next year scrapping wise?

2. eryn

eryn gross no longer

I like the pp one...I have such a problem with pp. It just looks so bad when I try to use it! lol

But my main resolution for next year is to make every LO meaningful. No more pretty CT pages that mean nothing to me when I look back at them.

3. EricaLA

EricaLA Member

Scrapping more than 20 layouts a year. This year I did 12 layouts and only. There are almost four months I do nothing, but I am so busy and mojo isn't near me. I did only a few pages this year, but I love each one of them, they are all my favorites in some way.

4. renee82

renee82 renee82

I think for me will be to just keep doing what I do. I'm happy with the pages I'm creating... but I think I want to put a little more effort into doing challenges. I find when I do a challenge, it helps me create a page that is slightly more interesting than ordinary for me and really helps capture a part of me or my family that I wouldn't otherwise have scrapped about. :)

5. amandajane

amandajane amandajane

oooh, good question Kaye! I want to do more hybrid layouts next year, and less procrastination starting layouts, I always hate that part, and end up wasting a lot of time surfing the net instead.

6. crazygirl

crazygirl Opening a post office

i just want to scrap more..........period.
    oh and take more pictures.
    i have NOT taken enough time in 2009 to do this.

7. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

I really want to get a blog going. And be a little more honest with myself on what I can handle time wise. That is my word for 2010 "honest." No so much with others, but more about with myself. Maybe publish more too. But only maybe. LOL

8. Good idea for this :) I've always wanted to be published in a paper magazine and I will be in March of 2010 so I guess that counts for next year

9. amandajane

amandajane amandajane

congrats Katrina!! Which mag will you be in?

10. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

I made that resolution for 2009 and it really made a difference in how I feel about my pages. I'm about a year behind on printing, so I printed my 2008 pages a few months back and a lot of them I'm very "meh" about. But when I look through my 2009 pages I love them all (for the most part, I've still done some "I love this product and I just have to use it on something" pages LOL - those happen)

In answer to the original question, my 2010 resolution will be to *continue* to scrap meaningful pages, and late this year I've gotten into scrapping more "everyday nonsense" sorts of pages and I really like those, because my "everyday nonsense" changes from year to year and I like to look back on it. So I want to do more of that next year. But mostly, I'd just like to get my mojo back consistently and stop overthinking everything. I'm such a dork about that.

11. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Oh these are all fantastic resolutions!! And I share many of them.

Especially the "scrap meaningful" resolution, and trying to ditch the overthinking. I also want to scrap more AAM pages. And I venture to actually do a two pager.

12. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

these are great resolutions! Thanks for sharing them.

13. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

i think for me i need to take more photos and scrap more maybe ill scrap more and have more mojo if i take more photos

14. mlpieters

mlpieters the princess of PINK

with both my kids in college a lot of photo opportunities have really diminished.

my resolution is two part

1 - finish series i have already started (for instance, the play my daughter was in 2008, my son's graduation 2006, my birthday cruise from 2004,etc)

2 - go back and start scrapping 18 years ago and move forward

15. Cherry

Cherry New Member

I don't have any resolutions, but I really adore personal layouts, about your family, yourself or sth. related on you. That there's a "relationship" to every page...not only scrapping for CTs, scrap for yourself WITH the Cts...sounds crazy*lol* :giggle

16. lizzyfizzy

lizzyfizzy More posts ... need more posts!

i would love to get organized and actually start going down according to months and getting everything scrapped for a book. i also have some ideas floating around for books i can do of traits my kids posses etc that i would love to start tackling.:fruit

17. Thanks :) I will be in somerset digital magazine :wub

18. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

My resolution is sort of along the meaningful line, but for me, since I scrap as more of a creative outlet than a memory keeper, I want to really love my pages, and not do them "just" because its a CT page. I want to actually slow down a bit and not do a speed scrap sort of thing.

I also want to up my photography :)

19. Wendy

Wendy Member

What a question!!!! I have a lot to do on 2010 specially would love to begin the album of my girls, each one their own album on digital!!!!
    So
    1.- Girls album
    2.- 365 project seriously!
    3.- organize and clean my digifile
    4.- do some hybrid stuff!

Lets see what i really do next year!!!!! ohhh use all the digital stuff i bought on 2009 :eek:)

20. meems

meems New Member

I hope to scrap more on a regular basis. (Not sure how long Jacque will tolerate me making finger puppets for my CT requirements :lol2.)

I need to keep track of my pages in some sort of organized manner. Like keep track of what I've printed. Right now I have no idea. I'd also like to have Shutterfly books ready to go or at least easy to put together for when I get some awesome coupon.

And, really, 2010 IS the year I will scrap calendar pages month by month. No more scrambling at the end of the year. :disagree