Scrapping funk:|

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by snaggletooth, Feb 27, 2012.

1. snaggletooth

snaggletooth Minnetonka? Momma? Either way.

:hissyim having huge issues scrapping. IDK if its lifes junk or just an all around poopie mood but i just am not feeling it. What do you guys do to get out of a mood funk or scrapping funk?
    Any inspirations you find that work for you?
    FYI~ i dont pin so please don't point me there LOL :giggle:giggle or to Wikipedia LOL

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. snaggletooth

for some reason people like to send me to Wikipedia LMAO

3. emilymerritt

emilymerritt skrpbkmom

I use templates to get me out of my funk...that's about the only thing that brings me around! Haha!

4. snaggletooth

LOL!!!! i was doing an AAM type thing but im so tired of myself LOL

5. snaggletooth

March is my FAV month ( cause im irish and i love green lol) so im hoping that March can bring me out of my funk

6. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Well, I would normally suggest scraplifting, but you have such a unique style, Carly, that I'm not sure I could handle if your pages looked like anyone else's. :giggle

Maybe you just need a break. Not a 'I'm-in-a-funk-oh-no' panic break, but a 'I'm-purposely-and-intentionally-taking-a-breather' mental break. Forbid yourself from scrapping for a couple weeks. Read (I know you like to do that!). Watch TV. Take up a new hobby. Play outside. Sleep. Take a daytrip someplace. Go exploring in your city. Do anything BUT scrap... even if the urge comes back to you in a few days.

Revisit the situation in a couple weeks and see how you feel.

If you're still completely uninterested in a couple weeks, you'll have to go a little deeper and figure out exactly what, IRL or digi, that's plaguing you and try to lessen or completely eliminate the stressor(s) from your life.

GL!

7. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Usually doing something non-scrap related helps me the most. There's this area of funky boutiques and vintage shops near my house that I will go and browse around. Sometimes all the eye candy and creative displays will get me inspired. If I can't get out, I will browse etsy too.

8. snaggletooth

Scrapping is my outlet from life lol maybe i just need to stay off FB and just scrap.
    I read ALOT, so i havent been spending as much time online or on FB.

9. snaggletooth

i love funky boutiques.
    maybe i should venture to the Vera Bradley shop in the mall. all those yummy patterns might make me want to scrap some boldness

10. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Play some funky music and dance around for a little bit!

Maybe scrap someone else's pics?

11. snaggletooth

OO thats an idea. I have done maybe 2 RAKS ever. I always get afraid my style is to much for people LOL

12. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

You've talked about redecorating your house maybe try doing some of that to get the creative juices flowing... and didn't you say you inherited some art supplies, how about giving that a go and then coming back to scrapping

For me, I usually just start a few pages and see what happens, sometimes I just scrap crappy pages that I end up trashing... For me a break makes the lack of mojo worse... When I go away on vacation and come back, it's like I forgot how to scrap which is why I feel like I need to do something at least for a little bit each day... Usually I'll start pages and then come back to them over a few days before I finally feel like my mojo is coming back

Oh and sometimes I just need a long hot shower or a walk around the block on a sunny day... Or sometimes I just need to go to the mall and browse the stores by myself, or go to a coffee shop with some magazines, sometimes I like to just browse home improvement stores and dream about what I would do if I had money lol

13. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

you can totally make me a RAK! lol!! loooooove you style, babe!

14. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

Have you seen this blog post by Christine?

She has some good suggestions.

Another thought I had was that maybe you could get inspiration from something that is new to you. An inspiration piece that is normally not your style. Maybe you could find something from an advertisement, magazine, something from the paper world or pinterest.

15. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I think story prompts are a great way to start! Even if none of my photos inspire me, the idea for a new story will!

16. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

i find facebook is a big distraction for me id delete it but im to dam nosey

17. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I am in a funk too, it seems to happen when I get overwhelmed and I am definitely overtired. I find that just sitting down and scrapping helps. Forcefully, then I do enjoy it even though my pages aren't always what I'd like. I can always fix them later.

18. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

OMG Karen! You crack me up! LOL

Carly, maybe you can do a page about being in a scrapping funk? Or the distractions that put you in a funk?

19. kimbytx

kimbytx New Member

Sometimes I just need a break...but I know you have been taking one with the Mortal Instruments. Templates and scraplifting help me too. And sometimes a kit just jolts me out of the funk. lol

20. eryn

eryn gross no longer

omgi saw the title of this thread and thought NO WAY! After seeing your latest pages on FB I just don't believe it! lol
    How is it possible to be in a funk and still scrap such awesomeness??

But seriously...have a break. If the urge doesn't come then push it with a template :)