Scrapping about a movie - spoilers?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by tanteva, Jul 8, 2022.

1. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I just had this idea, I want to scrap about a movie I absolutely love. Would love to see layouts about movies for inspiration - please share if you scrapped about a movie.

BUT - my question: there is a specific thing I love about this movie, but ... if I scrap about that and share the layout, I'll sort of spoil the movie for people. How would you do? Would you skip scrapping about that part? Or would you just scrap it and spoil the movie for another person?

Both movies The Sixth Sense and The Crying Game was spoiled for me, cuz people couldn't shut up about "the thing".

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Oh! Tricky question. We have a informal rule around my family that you can't spoil a new movie for 2 weeks. After that, if you accidently spoil it, sorry. But, I mean, if you say something about The Sixth Sense at this point, it feels like a moot point. Either you saw it, or didn't and didn't plan on it. I don't know. Just rambling I guess.

tanteva likes this.
  3. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Interesting question.

How old is the movie? If it's something current or very recent, I would hold off on sharing, for fear of spoilers. But if it's been out for more than, I dunno, two or three years, I wouldn't worry about spoilers.

bestcee likes this.
  4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Maybe title it "SPOILER <name of movie>". Then people can choose whether or not to click on it. The thumbnail would probably be too small to give anything away, I'm thinking. But I also am not bothered by spoilers so I may not know what I'm talking about. :)

5. tanteva

It's this movie: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt8079248/
    So, 3 years old. And the spoiler isn't revealing the end or something like that, just a cute little thing, that made me super happy, and was so beautiful to me.

In the movie, since John Lennon never became famous, he never got murdered. It's a fantastic scene where the main character meet John and they have a fantastic chat. Goosebumps all over, and I cried.

Oh, I love this movie! I need to see it again. It's been over a month since I saw it.

bestcee and Ferdy like this.
  6. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

@tanteva I saw this movie in the theatre just before the COVID lockdowns. Loved it!!

I wouldn't worry about spoilers, though. Anyone who follows Danny Boyle has already watched the film. Scrap away!

tanteva likes this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I think if the movie was a recent release, I would hide the spoiler . . . but an older movie like yours that is 3 years old, I wouldn't worry about it.

You wanted some inspiration about movies. These are the ones I have:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mary kate, HeatherB and tanteva like this.
  8. tanteva

Oh, I love those layouts, Cheryl, TFS!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I never tell the plot or anything.. I always just talk about my experience with the movie I saw etc.

Here are some of the pages I did:

A real oldie
    [​IMG]
    Another real oldie I did
    [​IMG]
    I did this re Oulander
    [​IMG]
    I know I did one too re Twilight years ago..

[​IMG]

and I did one recently on going to see Fantastic Beasts: Secrets of Dumbledore 2 months back:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
    HeatherB and tanteva like this.
  10. tanteva

@cfile Thank you for sharing. Reminded me of a layout I made back in the Scrap Orchard days. It was about the Team Edward/Team Jacob ... Of course - I'm Team Jasper LOL

bestcee and cfile like this.
  11. tanteva

BTW: have you seen the Karate Kid series on Netflix? Forgot the name of it now, Cobra something??? Is it any good?

cfile likes this.
  12. cfile

LOL re Team Jasper. I used to be team Edward, then I switched to team Jacob LOL... Jasper has pretty eyes but he was unpredictable LOL>. I have read all the books and extra books to the Twilight series (many times as a matter of fact) and I do like Jacob :) even reading the flipped Twilight version of Bella being the vampire from the beginning and Edward being the human.. and then the reading of Midnight Sun .. Twilight from Edward's perspective.. Also the Bree book. I am a vampire liking girl since times of the 1970's with Dark Shadows LOL

13. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I really liked this movie, it made me even cry!
    I don't consider a spoiler, it's an old one...but maybe you can do it like Michelle said, add a spoiler disclaimer on title, if you are going to say a lot about the story...

tanteva likes this.
  14. cfile

Yup! Cobra Kai is really good.. Love it :)

tanteva likes this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@tanteva I think you are totally good with that movie! It's older, but also, the premise of the movie leads to that moment so I don't think it's spoiling it at all!

Side note: Munchkin loves that movie! It's what made my then 10 year old fall in love with Beatles music. We bought him the record for Christmas last year, and he has the piano music book.

tanteva likes this.
  16. tanteva

@bestcee I too was 10 years old when I discovered Beatles, 45 years ago.

bestcee likes this.
  17. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

“I Want to Hold Your Hand” by the Beatles is the first rock ‘n roll song that I remember hearing on the radio. I was about 10 at the time.

bestcee and tanteva like this.
  18. tanteva

Thanks everyone - the layout is done now. (and @bestcee - I was wrong, realized I was 12 when I discovered Beatles. Maths! :eyeroll)

[​IMG]

Translation in the gallery.

bestcee and Memaw2Wm like this.