scrap just to scrap orscrap memories

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by theAndrea, Jan 14, 2014.

1. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

So question: Do you scrap just to scrap or scrap memories?

I used to scrap just to make pretty layouts, but since I started MOC, I've been scrapping our memories and I'm loving how accomplished I'm feeling!

How do you scrap? I'm really curious :)

Andrea

2. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

i like to think i scrap to scrap memories. but i've never done anything with my pages physically. i've figured out i enjoy flipping through them so much more. so now i think i scrap to scrap digitally. but do more of a project life style for memories.

3. rfeewjlj

rfeewjlj Only ONE N, people, ONE!

This is so me. I have so many pages I've made but I have this weird idea that to make an album or have one printed, it should all be cohesive and coordinated. LOL I've been considering PL for more current memories but I don't know if we have enough going on to do the weekly LO's.

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh my most favorite of all is to scrap memories...I get a total buzz of happy from that...but sometimes, I wanna play and explore, and that is when I art journal...more button pushing experiments happen in AJ mode.

5. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

For me it's always to scrap memories. Which is why I almost always have a lot of journaling on my pages!

6. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

i'm a memory scrapper - MOC has seemed tough (slow going) for me because i have to find the right kind of memory to scrap about to go with each challenge - i don't want to scrap it just to do the challenge and then know i will need to redo the page - but i am having fun with it!

7. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

I think both! Sometimes I just need to reset. I think it makes me, personally, a better designer when I stop and scrap for a while. But they're all memories on some level. I like to journal on my pages even if they're just random things I was thinking about.

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This is me exactly. Only rarely will I create a page just to play and it's almost always for a challenge.

9. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

scrap to scrap memories, but it's a bonus that I love it! I print all my pages and put them in some sort of book - my girls and hubby love to look thru them!

10. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

BOTH! I love doing both!!!!!!

11. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I like to think I'm scrapping memories. Even when I'm doing something that's just for fun or some art jouranling, that's still part of my story. I am usually behind on scrapping events and printing pages or books, but that's usually because there are just more memories added to my very long to-scrap list.

12. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

I am a little bit of both. I like to scrap memories for sure, but I really like to try techniques and other new things. In addition scrapping, especially art journal is like therapy.

13. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

I do both ... However when I do both there must be one special thing I must have when I do both... I must be able to connect to my pages.. emotionally!! It's like my pages needs to be able to evoke certain emotions or perspective at that particular moment in time.. I must be able to connect to that page to be able to finish up the whole thing... I know !! I know!! I am weird... LOL!!

14. Jeanet

Jeanet CT - Lynne-Marie

Both I think but many of the more memory keeping layouts never make it online.

15. judet

judet Active Member

Memories for me definitely, sometimes I'll make a more 'just playing' layout but that's usually only if I need it for a CT layout or for a challenge. I agree about MOC, Danielle. I've managed to make it work so far, but a few have been difficult to come up with ideas for! Have just made up a couple but I've scrapped so many more layouts this month compared to last year that I think I'm winning :)

16. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

For me, PL is all about scrapping memories. That's the reason why I always journal them in German, because they are for the people (and especially my family) around me to look at and read, and I don't want to force them to dig through a pile of foreign words to understand what I wanted to tell :). I craft additional layouts when something big happens, and these are for memory keeping also. And: I do closed separate albums for huge events, vacations, pregnancy, stuff like that. All journaled in German, all strictly for the memories. Our family's photo albums, so to say.
    The other layouts I make I consider MY DIARY. I know that my kids love looking at them, too, and that's great... but I don't necessarily do these layouts with them in mind. I love to journal in English because I adore the language... so that's what I'm doing most of the time in my personal layouts. I sometimes feel drawn to pink, flowery kits... scrap my sons' pics with them? Sure, why not! It's MY diary. My words, my thoughts, my worries, and they tell more about me than the people in the pictures I use.

17. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

So interesting to read through this thread. I def do both. But most scrapping is done to preserve memories. I am determined that every MOC page i do means something to me and my family and I am really loving it so far. I just wish I could journal more. Sometimes the words flow, but mostly they are stuck in my head :hummm Any tips very welcome...I am so envious of those of you that journal so well lol :)

18. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

I love this tumblr: http://writingprompts.tumblr.com/
    Sahlinstudio has some great starters here: http://sahlinstudio.com/journaling/
    And here's a pinterest board I like very much, too: http://www.pinterest.com/kim_desmet/scrapbooking-prompts/

Maybe that helps a little! A great way for me to get a journaling started is by concocting a list (like the one for MOC 14). Like... 10 things I hate about school. Or 10 places I'd like to visit. Or 10 things I usually do when I should clean the house... something like that :).

19. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I scrap just to scrap :) No one to pass the memories of my pups down to! I don't even print anymore

20. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I naturally gravitate to storytelling and chronology, so most of the time, I am scrapping to preserve memories. I do it in a way that I enjoy, but at the end of the day, I am capturing my and my family's story.

Things like the MOC often bring abt pages that I don't really 'need' to have, so I will save them all, but it is unlikely that I will end up adding them all to be printed into my albums.