Scrap a weird family story

Discussion in 'Memory Motivators' started by scrapsandsass, Jun 12, 2015.

1. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

We have a lot of strange family stories. Most of them are amusing (at least to us :giggle). They are the kind of stories you share over and over when you get together with family members. You know...the "Remember when...?" stories.

As an example, whenever we have soup, it is always homemade. We have one particular soup we make that everyone in the family calls "hair soup." The story is that we'd made it when we were having a family friend over for dinner way back when. I was a teenager, and cooking, and somehow missed the fact that a piece of my long blonde hair had fallen in the soup. Wouldn't you know it, the dinner guest found it in his bowl and teased me about the potential of flossing with it. Of course I was mortified. From then on, that particular recipe/soup has been known as "hair soup" and now my husband even knows it as that (even though it was long before his time). Occasionally I'll talk to my mom and she tells me that they just made hair soup... etc. See... a weird family story that only amuses us.

My challenge to you is to scrap one of those weird stories that allow you to share a smile or a special moment with a friend or family member(s). This is a great opportunity to make a photoless page (if you don't have a photo to go along with the story)... or dig through your old pics and come up with something fun.

:woot

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

What a great idea! Lol to the hair soup! :giggle {gag}

3. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I'm in.... i will find one. I'm sure I have a few. :giggle

4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

so creative! will have to think on this one a bit ... love your story kimberlee and will be watching this thread for more fun stories! :) love it!

5. naughtsncrosses

naughtsncrosses Active Member

Love your prompt, Kimberlee!

6. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

and I finally thought of one. :D

[​IMG]

7. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

8. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

I love this prompt!! great idea, Kimberlee! I could fill an album! hmm that would be fun, actually. :)