Save for web help.....

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by lauracw, Jul 23, 2014.

1. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

Ok, so I broke my laptop and my husband was super happy to surprise me with a MacBook Pro. I've always used PC and this new computer is driving me crazy!!! Nothing works like I'm used too.

My usual routine is to finish a layout, save a full size copy and then save one that's resized to 600x600 72 dpi. Then I can upload it to FB and galleries. And it's just not working! My 600x600 copy is smaller than I'm used too (although maybe that's the smaller laptop screen?) and I can save it as a jpg, a tiff, or a png and it doesn't matter, I can't upload to FB. They're all grayed out like they're unsupported file types. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  2. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

I can't delete this, but problem solved...apparently you have to make sure it says filename.jpg.

SO weird!

3. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

Isn't it the same with PC, filename.jpg?

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've had some PCs that automatically add the ".jpg" if you select that as a file type and some that don't add the file extension. glad you figured it out Laura! :)

5. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

Oh!! I didn't know that… totally forgotten how it works… thanks Karen

6. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

a lot of times when you're working in PS, especially if you're working from a psd file, the default extension is going to be a .psd, which isn't supported by most online photo sharing places.

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Glad you find out. Check your preferences, this should be automatic unless you are deleting the JPG extension in the name portion.