Salads???

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by dotcomkari, Feb 27, 2017.

1. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I am making a huge salad for lunch...
    (Thai peanut sauce, chicken, red peppers, chicken, mangos, strawberries, spinach, lettece and chick peas)...

Made me wonder..what does everyone like on their salads? Are you a mix it up kinda person? or stick to the same old thing every time..

Me.. I like to mix it up.. taco salad.. ceaser.. chicken.. fruits...asian....you name it..
    but in all.. my most favorite dressing is BLUE cheese

ashleywb and cfile like this.
  2. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I like any salad that I don't have to make. I will eat any salad that I don't have to make. For some reason I can make the same salad I purchased at a restaurant and it doesn't taste the same! I do like my salad to be like a meal, so it must have a fish protein added to it.

My favorite salad is the Ultimate Power Salad at the Silver Diner. I have such severe dietary restrictions that this is the only salad I can eat that feels like a meal. It's not on the menu all the time, but it's something I can ask for when I go. It has "grilled chipotle seasoned shrimp, greens, spinach, kale, quinoa, cremini mushrooms, cranberries, topped with feta, eggs, sunflower seeds, in our house made champagne vinaigrette." I have them take off the eggs and cheese, and it's a perfect meal.

enjoyyourpix and jesskab like this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I love Buffalo chicken salad with ranch, not blue cheese.
    In fact, I really love any salad with lots of unhealthy things on it! Caesar salad, chef salad, macaroni salad.... Mmm. I can't wait for salad time! Taco salad I love when other people make. I can follow the recipe, and still don't like it as much when I make it. And I adore any salad my husband makes for me.

Sokee likes this.
  4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm on a keto diet (low carb) so my salad choices are a bit different than what they used to be. I like lots of greens, some pine nuts or a flax/nut blend I buy at the organic store that I love to sprinkle overtop. I have been using ranch dressing, a dash of smoked paprika mixed in, and toss in some meat (hamburger, chicken or pork strips) or a boiled egg. I also love ceasar salads and at home I am using a really rich fatty dressing that I am loving (Renees) and toss in lots of shaved fresh parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Yum.

I also like a vinaigrette I made with oil, peppercorn mustard, cider vinegar or balsalmic, salt & pepper. I toss that with greens, add feta and nuts.

Sokee likes this.
  5. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I love salads, but like Jan, don't think they taste the same at home as elsewhere! We eat a lot of salads with spring greens with a few carrots, radishes and cucumbers cut up - and I throw in a little left over chicken breast if it's in the fridge. Nothing too fancy!! Ranch dressing for me.

6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I love to make a salad with spinach and romaine, topped with shaved parmesan and sliced strawberries and dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette.

We also use a lot of butter lettuce and top it with all kinds of things. My fave "regular salad" has extra sharp cheddar cheese, mandarin oranges, baked chicken, cherry tomatoes, carrots, and cucumber and ranch dressing.

Sokee, cfile and enjoyyourpix like this.
  7. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I don't eat salad nearly enough. I'm much more creative when I'm at a salad bar. I love green onions, kidney beans, sesame seeds, hard boiled egg, carrots, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, & cheddar cheese.

8. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I like my salads with fruit and cheese in them. Probably because I don't really like lettuce and veggies much and I do like fruit and cheese! :D

9. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

My grocery store sells premade salads in the deli area, I get their chicken Caesar salad and add some Sweet Baby Ray's sauce to it for a little kick and give the croutons to my daughters; and I really like their Greek salad...nothing beats Feta cheese and kalamata olives!!

cfile likes this.
  10. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

My favourite one is yellow capsicum, grapes, red onion, feta cheese . Just perfect at lunch time as it is full of flavour.

11. lizziej

lizziej Active Member

When I go to a salad bar, I love to put a lot of goodies on it!

I agree - salads always taste better when I don't make them! My SIL had spring greens at our Easter lunch with sun-dried tomato dressing, and it was fabulous! I bought the exact same things, and it tasted good, but not as good as hers. LOL

One of my favorite salads is from a local restaurant. It's mixed greens with roasted pecans, crumbled bleu cheese, Granny Smith apples (thinly sliced and fanned out on top) with their house dressing, which is an apple-walnut vinaigrette (as I recall - it's been ages since I've been there -- it's a bit pricey).

I take a small salad every day to work - it's romaine lettuce with red cabbage and julienne carrots. I vary the dressing, depending on what I feel like. For about the last month, it was Ken's Lite Caesar dressing. Yummy! I don't have time in the morning to add anything to it.

I'm glad I'm eating lunch as I'm reading about all these yummy salads!

12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I don't like fruit or nuts in my green salads or my meat (tuna, chicken) salads so I don't normally order salad anyplace (it invariably has one or both of those things in it). GUSTY SIGH.

If I make salad at home, no one will eat it. GUSTIER SIGH.

Guess this is why I have Hershey's chocolate shell eggs in my house. They force me to eat candy since they won't eat my salads. GUSTIEST SIGH.

:giggle :giggle :giggle

cfile and StefanieS like this.
  13. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

My future daughter in law introduced us to lettuce, strawberries, pumpkin seeds and feta.
    I just adore it, the perfect mix of flavours.

14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I mostly only eat salads when I'm ordering from a restaurant. What magic makes them only yummy that way?

My favorite is one of two from Panera: the Fuji Apple Chicken Salad or the Barbecue Chicken Salad.

ashleywb and Sokee like this.
  15. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

My go to salad right now is spinach, stranwberries, pecans, feta cheese, and dried cranberries with Poppyseed dressing. I also love a good iceberg lettuce salad with some cheese, tomato, chicken, boiled egg, and ranch!

Sokee and cfile like this.
  16. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I love salad!!! I generally eat ceasar salad for lunch but I love cucumbers tomatoes black olives bleu cheese crumbles sometimes pears if we have a salad for dinner. We also add Grilled chicken etc. If you say salad, I am there! I love grilled asparagus on my salad too!

17. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

ooh that is yum too... I love mixing fruit with my salad but hold all eggs and brocolli and mushrooms as I get sick from all 3.. I too love a good iceberg lettuce, preferably the heart :)

18. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Mmmmm...I love me a good salad...and it has to be a meal so pile it on. If I'm making a salad at home it's usually a taco salad with lots of salsa...no dressing on my taco salad.

My favorite salad is the Santa Barbara Cobb from The Habit (no egg). So yummy.

Also, I don't eat fruit or nuts on my salad. That's just wrong. No hard-boiled egg either.

19. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

That's so funny. I'm the opposite. I love fruit and nuts in salad. Spinach with grilled chicken, strawberries and candied pecans and feta. Butter Lettuce with grilled chicken, mango, green onions, cilantro and a ginger-sesame dressing. Just a green salad with pears and pomegranate seeds. I love a traditional cobb salad as well - and the Costco kale salad that comes with cranberries, sunflower seeds and poppy seed dressing. Now that I think about it, I haven't met many salads I haven't liked. :giggle

20. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Oh YES! I always get the Fuji Apple Chicken Salad at Panera.

michelepixels likes this.