Sadly Digiland has farwelled another talented designer...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by A-M, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Psychozoe

Psychozoe Well-Known Member

I came to chatty pad today to post how quiet it seems in digiland today. I think it's because of these 3 big losses recently. It really makes me think how much I cherish friendships, and association with wonderful people I meet thru digi scrapping.
    Amber and Dawn were so sudden and that can be so shocking as well as tragic. Kim had been sick for so long... but even her passing seemed sudden.
    Im thankful we can all come together to create beauty and become friends

bestcee, bonnenuit and A-M like this.
  2. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Oh WOW! The losses just keep coming...very tragic summer. I will keep her family and friends in my thoughts. I hate cancer!

3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I didn't know her personally, but I feel very sad for The Digichick community, and our digiscrap community in general, to lose another one of our designers. I feel like it's a fairly small online community, even with different sites, so to lose three designers in just a couple of months makes me feel overwhelmed. The Digichick was where I started my template designing career, although Kim wasn't the owner or a designer there at the time. Still, I have a soft spot in my heart for the site.

I know I'm not the only one struggling with all this tragic news, so I just wanted to share virtual hugs with everyone.

bestcee, Psychozoe and bonnenuit like this.
  4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Well said.:angel:hug

5. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

So sad. My thoughts and prayers with families of those lost from our community.

6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Digi-land is taking some hits this summer. Such sad news all around, I just heard about Kim and Dawn. :(

7. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I loved Kim's work and have many of her kits. She was so generous with her freebies -- something in almost every newsletter plus all the clusters on her blog. It has been a long cancer journey for her, yet she always remained funny and upbeat. Although she had announced her retirement just short time ago and a terrific sale of her products was going on this month, still I had hoped that new treatments would buy her more time. It was such a shock to learn of her passing. I am so sad. Praying for Eric and the family as they walk through this difficult valley of grief.

8. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Oh no! So sorry to hear this. I knew she was fighting a battle with cancer but didn't realize she was so ill. Thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That's three. :cry We can be done now, right? I don't want to lose anyone else. :grouphug

I didn't know her, but I knew of her. It's sad to lose another designer, and a store owner too. My prayers will be added to those above.

Psychozoe likes this.
  10. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I'm so sad to hear that! The digi community is small to begin with--I can't believe we've lost 3 designers this summer. Sending positive thoughts to Kim's family and those who loved her.

11. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Oh no! I just don’t know what to say but everything that’s already been said. She will be missed.

12. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I didn't really know Kim other than what I saw on Facebook. But sadly, another talent is no longer...

13. Psychozoe

Psychozoe Well-Known Member