Sabrina's Creations - December 2017 Challenge - Win $10

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by ArmyGrl, Nov 30, 2017.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Happy Holidays!

In the spirit of gift giving, Sabrina created a wonderful, wintery template for us to use in the challenge this month:

sc_december17_pv.jpg

You can download the template here.

Your challenge...MODIFY A TEMPLATE!

Examples of modification include changing the size, filliping the layout 90 degrees, adding or subtracting embellishments, adding or subtracting papers or layers, changing from three photos to two or one...the list can go on and on. Your imagination is the only limit! You may use one or more of the modification I suggest, or come up with your own.

The rules:
    1. Post your layout in Sabrina's Creations Gallery here at The Lilypad; and link us to it from your post in this forum thread.
    2. You do have to use 100% Sabrina's Creations designs. You are encouraged to use the template provided, however it is not a requirement. You are required to MODIFY the template you use. Please tell us in your forum post how you modified the template.
    3. In order to post at The Lilypad Gallery you need to abide by the gallery terms of use.
    4. You have until midnight EDT on the 27th of December to post your layout.

The prize: $10 coupon to Sabrina's Creations store.

To make this challenge even sweeter, Sabrina is offering Document Your Memories at 40% off: Elements, Pocket Cards, Paper Pack, and Templates or Kit.

lieHg3c.jpg

Notice those templates (hint, hint).

This challenge is Document Your December friendly. So feel free to have your layout do double duty. You are not required to stick with the DYD theme. Additionally, feel free to use the free template provided and change it from a winter themed template to another season (yes, that would count as a modification to a template).

Here is what I created using the free template and Document Your Memories kit:
    MemoriesPast.jpg
    I flipped the template 90 degrees; and I am a 8.5 x 11 scrapper....so I changed the size of the template too! This layout is about December memories. Two years ago I was stationed in Missouri, USA and it snowed, snowed, and snowed some more. I loved it! Last year I was stationed in Kuwait. Flowers in December. And this year, I am in Texas, USA. Lol...it was colder in Kuwait than San Antonio, Texas! I probably should have used a picture of the hibiscus flowers still growing here in SA, TX; but I am very excited that my husband and I are together this year and already put the tree!

I hope you enjoy Sabrina's Creations challenge this month! I can't wait to see what you create!!!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  2. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Thanks for the lovely template. I am sure I will use it "as is" sometime. Love the cutout snowflakes -- just not for this challenge.

I modified it as follows: Flipped template, changed number of photos; off-set photos instead of lining them up; changed orientation of photos; changed journaling position and instead placed title on label; eliminated snowflakes and button.
    [​IMG]

sabrinavc and ArmyGrl like this.
  3. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

here's my take of this template :
    [​IMG]

sabrinavc, AdrienneMay and ArmyGrl like this.
  4. ArmyGrl

@flowersgal and @Ga_L , Thank you participating is Sabrina's challenge this month! Your layouts are lovely!

5. AdrienneMay

AdrienneMay CT - Paislee Press

Here’s my entry:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    sabrinavc likes this.
  6. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Here is my take. I shifted the photo section to the bottom of the page, change the snowflake cutouts to circle cutouts and added a 4th photo spot. Thank you for the template!

[​IMG]

sabrinavc likes this.
  7. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

I rotated the template and added an additional photo and frame:
    [​IMG]

sabrinavc likes this.
  8. ArmyGrl

@AdrienneMay, @jagruti patel, @KairynLisa, thank you playing along in Sabrina's challenge! It is fascinating to see how people modify the template...and gives me ideas how I can modify other templates in my stash :idea2

Angela Toucan likes this.
  9. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

10. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

This is my take of this challenge.
    It's a very beautiful template and it gives you unlimited possibilities of playing with it.
    I elliminated the paper with snowflakes and the square stitch, I changed the possition of the pictures, a little bit down to the right. I also added a few more ellements in the corners.
    [​IMG]

sabrinavc likes this.
  11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thank you for the opportunity and wonderful template.

Here is mine:
    [​IMG]

sabrinavc likes this.
  12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for the lovely template. Here's my layout for your challenge increasing the number of photo spots.
    [​IMG]

sabrinavc likes this.
  13. scrappin2girls

scrappin2girls Well-Known Member

Thanks for the fun challenge and great template. I moved all of the middle elements and pics to the bottom right and tilted it all at an angle. [​IMG]

sabrinavc likes this.
  14. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member

gorgeous template, here is my page:
    [​IMG]

sabrinavc likes this.
  15. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Here is my page. I rotated the template, deleted the extra photo spots, and then I made house cut outs instead of the snowflakes. Thank you so much for the inspiration!
    [​IMG]

sabrinavc likes this.
  16. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

The biggest modification is changing it to fit my preferred format of 8 1/2 x 11 (but I do this for most of the templates and I love to see how I can work it). I did change the cutout snowflakes to blue "golf balls" since snowflakes usually don't appear in the Caribbean. Thanks for the challenge and template!
    [​IMG]

sabrinavc likes this.
  17. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

I modified the template to fit an 8x10 page format.
    [​IMG]

sabrinavc likes this.
  18. AnikA68

AnikA68 Well-Known Member

thanks for the beautiful template
    [​IMG]

sabrinavc likes this.
  19. Scrappy_dog

Scrappy_dog Active Member

I must admit I forgot about the challenge to modify, but it was such a lovely template to work with! I added some embellishments and moved a couple around.
    [​IMG]

20. sabrinavc

sabrinavc Designer

thank you all for your participation, I love how everyone gives her own touch to this template.
    This challenge is closed and I will be back later today with the winner!