Rrred68 MOC8 Layouts

Discussion in 'MOC 2020 Layouts' started by rrred68, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrred68

rrred68 Well-Known Member

Rhonda's MOC8 Layouts

2. rrred68

Jan 1 - Blind Scrap.jpg Jan 1 - Blind Scrap
    2 Frames - - Project Mouse
    3 Ribbons - - Storytellers Feb, Mar 2018 & Jan, Oct 2019
    4 Papers - - Project Mouse
    5 Flowers - - Project Mouse and Storytellers Jun 2017, May 2018
    6 Leaves - - Storyteller Apr 2017 and May 2019
    7 Journal
    8 Elements - - (washi tape, staples, banner, word art, flair, toothpick flag) ALL Project Mouse
    View attachment 368614

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  3. rrred68

Jan 2 - List
    Here's my list of favorite things!
    Airplane, notebook, paper, castle flair, and frame are TLP (Project Mouse, In My Purse, Life Is, Europa Frames and Storyteller Aug '19). Everything else - laptop, scissors, tape measure are my personal stash.

Jan-2---List.jpg

4. rrred68

5. rrred68

Jan 4 - Simple Template
    ALL products are from Project Mouse-Frozen. I love that bundle! And the template was so easy to use. Thanks for an excellent challenge!

Jan 4 - Simple Template.jpg

6. rrred68

Jan 5 - Grid Photo
    This technique was something that I've never done before, but I'm glad I know how to do it now! All products are from Storytellers Apr 17, Feb 18, Aug 18, and May, July, Aug and Dec 19 except the word strip and cardboard heart - those are my personal stash. Jan 5 - Grid Photo.jpg

7. rrred68

Jan 6 - Scrappable Stackable.jpg Jan 6 - Scrappable Stackables Template
    All products from November 2019 Storyteller and Project Mouse.
    This challenge was difficult for me as I don't like a lot of elements on my layouts, and I had to thin out quite a bit to make it mine. Thanks for pushing my boundries!
    Journaling reads:

Ben acquired his love of trains from his Grandpa John - it was what connected them. They could discuss trains, and track and piston rods for hours. One way the two differed was the nationality of trains - Ben was more into British trains (thank you Thomas the Tank) and Dad preferred American. But they both were in love with the Union Pacific Big Boy engine. Only 25 engines created during 1941-1944; it was the largest and most powerful steam locomotive ever built. Engine 4014 was put on the rails and came through Mason City. Of course we had to go see it. Ben couldn’t stop pointing out its’ unique features. Too bad Gpa John wasn’t around to see it in person.

8. rrred68

Jan 7 - Magazine Inspiration

Thank you, thank you! This was so easy and fun to do! I needed that!

Journaling Reads:

Wow! When planning the Arizona motorcyle trip, we were sure to include a stop at the Grand Canyon and are we glad we did so! We were in awe of the majestic beauty of layers of colors, the untamed landscape, and the just the sheer size of it. We visited the South Rim Visitor center where it was crazy busy with tourists. It was frustrating trying to walk around the area because everybody wanted to experience the same views, and then when the tourists brought out their selfie sticks we were like, Ok, time to go. But we didn’t let that ruin our enjoyment of this nature wonder. We drove along the canyon and stopped at roadside viewspots to take our pictures. As you can see it was a really windy day. After we left we both felt humbled by how amazing and beautiful our country is.

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/jan-7-magazine-inspiration.416371/

Jan 7 - Magazine Inspiration.jpg

9. rrred68

Jan 8 - Build Your Own Tree
    Once I figured out my direction, this came pretty easy. AND once @AnneofAlamo pointed me in the direction of a great kit (Roadscape) it definitely made the going easy. I used paint, signs, barbed wire (puppet-warped), and road lines to create my tree. I like to think the bolt nuts represent some type of berry. Thanks for the challenge!

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/jan-8-build-your-tree.416995/
    Jan 8 - Build Your Tree.jpg

AnneofAlamo likes this.
  10. rrred68

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  11. rrred68

Jan 10 - Series of Altered Tags

I chose to highlight the Harley-Davidson dealerships that have been our 100th, 200th, 300th, and 400th store(s). We create a banner when we know we'll reach the next 100th, and then fill in the city of dealership and finally pose with the banner and our bike.

Credits: https://the-lilypad.com/store/RoadScape-Collab-kit.html Roadscape was used for the papers and most of the elements. I pulled a couple of elements from my personal stash.
    Jan 10 - 4 Tags.jpg
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/jan-10-4-tags.417502/

12. rrred68

Jan 11 - 2020 Vision Board

Whew!! This one took a while! I created all of the arrows through brushes and shapes, then clipped papers from the High Cool kit. My goals are things that I want to accomplish this next year. I make lists like this quite often, but usually not more than 10 - 20 was a stretch!
    Credits are in gallery.

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/jan-11-2020-vision-board.417633/

Jan-11---2020-Vision-Board.jpg

13. rrred68

14. rrred68

15. rrred68

Jan 13 - By the Numbers
    I had fun with this LO. It was interesting to see how many miles and other facts have complied over the 8 years we've been riding.
    Credits:
    Roadscape {Collab Kit}

Jan 13 - By the Numbers.jpg

16. rrred68

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  17. rrred68

Jan 16 - Inspiration from Quotes
    We toured AZ in 2015 and I was enthralled with the red rocks around Sedona! It was hard for me to choose which picture I wanted to use for this challenge - it was between Glacier Park and this. Credits in gallery. Jan 16 - Inspiration from Quotes.jpg

18. rrred68

Jan 17 - Hindsight is 20/20 - Journaling Challenge
    I'm not going to lie -- this was my quickest layout yet! I apologize for the bright yellow, but it's representative of the colors of th 80's.

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/jan-17-hindsight-is-20-20.419116/

Jan 17 - Hindsight is 20-20.jpg

Journaling 265 words:
    To say I don’t have regrets is an understatement – I regret some choices I made in my 20’s, decisions about parenting/step-parenting, and more. Those are things that I can’t undo or change, just learn from, and move on. I also have regrets that are trivial, nonsensical, and without serious repercussions: baby-doll dress shirts of the 90’s, the 2006 email incident at work, and the short haircut of 2015. One such regret is throwing out the clothing of my teens. I am a teenager of 80’s and I wore the gear: leg warmers, neon clothing, wide belts, satin pants and the crazy geometric jewelry! How I would love to have some of that back – especially the graphic sweatshirt vest I’m wearing in the picture. I LOVED that vest – it was made of bright fuchsia sweatshirt material and had a really cool graphic using geometric shapes. I usually paired it with a light pink polo (color turned up), jeans, penny loafers and a pair of triangular mirror earrings with neon paint on them. When I wore that outfit I felt totally chic and cool – I was invincible! I wore it often to the teenage dance club that my best friend, Toni, and I frequented on weekends. Those were good times and one of the best years of high school for me. But like everything good, it came to an end and I discarded the vest in servitude to the fashion god. If I knew then, what I know now, my hindsight would be 20/20 and I could rock that vest again, but this time as vintage

19. rrred68

Jan 18 - Create Your Own Cluster
    This was easy and fun! Thanks @SeattleShari for hosting!

My items:
    1. Gas Pump - Roadscape {Collab Kit}
    2. Holey Paper - High Cool
    3. Black Arrow - High Cool
    4. Confetti - Storyteller Dec 17
    5. "Wow" flair - Storyteller Feb 19
    6. Orange Ribbon - Storyteller Aug 19
    7. Black Ricrac - Storyteller Aug 19
    8. Wood Chip - Storyteller Oct 19
    9. "Today's Fave" - Storyteller Oct 19
    10. Date banner - Model Behavior
    11. 66 Flair - Paul Kesselring - Flair
    12. "Oh Yeah" label - Storyteller Aug 19

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/jan-18-create-your-own-cluster.419895/

Jan 18 - Create Your Own Cluster.jpg

20. rrred68

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.