Refrigerator | Pad Patter 11.15

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

It's funny to see this thread because I just did mine today.... because there was a smell. Old bacon bits. BLARGH! It's clean now and smells much better too. :giggle

2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I just finished cooking the last of the dead freezer shuffle. We have been rotating several meals and looks like we'll finish up that round by the weekend. Of course dh runs off to the store and ends up getting duplicates of things he already has - things that need refrigeration! He is Buy First and then say...where can I put this??? and I just look at him with a Mom look... Maybe the fridge can get a cleaning Thanksgiving Day!!!

3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I do not have a dishwasher :(
    I had a portable one years ago, but it was a pain in the arse to drag to the sink, hook up, and all that jazz, so I decided that washing by hand was easier. Kids make good dishwashers, too :giggle

4. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Now y'all are inspiring me to get this done. The fridge itself is not too badly junked up. My husband and I routinely eat the leftovers for lunch. But the shelves need a good cleaning and for sure under the bottom drawer. I've been putting it off, but.....

5. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

We bought a new fridge about 2 years ago, it is a counter-depth one so it is a bit small. Our garbage pick-up is on Wednesday's, so I've been pretty good about going through and tossing stuff on Tuesday evenings. I generally wipe up sticky spots or spills as they occur, but a few weeks ago I had some watermelon rind that I was waiting to put out in the garbage that leaked and I had to pull out the drawers and clean under them -- so I wiped down all the shelves and inside a few weeks ago.

6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm fine with the cleaning out the veggie drawers at the bottom; all of DH's & the kids various bottles & jars drive me crazy - like they each like a different jam (US jelly) so there's 3 different jam jars in there (they're all reddish purplish so they're pretty interchangeable to me but arguing that gets me nowhere) & it's not like they have it all the time, a few times a month, if that. Don't ask me how many different salad dressings; mustard & chilli's are taking up shall space & we have every Asian stir-fry sauce ingredient you can imagine, it's nuts. If a recipe asked for dark soy sauce or kecap manis, i'd just throw in normal soy sauce but DH won't so we have that whole aisle of the shops crammed in our fridge :cry

7. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I try to do a mini clean out every Tuesday night because Wednesday is trash day. So it's not too bad yet.

8. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

I keep up with the fridge, but the freezer is another story. I finally did the box freezer in the basement which was way worse than the upstairs one. I can actually see what's in there now!