Refrigerator | Pad Patter 11.15

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Nov 15, 2020.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Funny story, I was in the middle of cleaning out my frig when I decided to take a break and mindlessly scroll for a few minutes. Then I saw where someone posted that today is Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day :giggle
    I hate doing it, mostly because I hate washing the dishes that come out of there and when I'm done, it looks like there is no food. But, it's time...Chance opened it yesterday and said "something stinks in there".
    [​IMG]

Soooo back to it I go!

Have you cleaned out your frig lately??

Donitab and Memaw2Wm like this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hmm. Since we just moved in a little under a month ago, it's been about that long. LOL!
    I will say, there's something nice about a 'new' fridge since it doesn't have all the little bottles and stuff you collect as you try out new recipes. So, it's still pretty clean.

bellbird and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have kept mine pretty clean since the remodel 3 years ago. At that time I did a huge clean out and decided that I would not buy stuff just to have it sit in the fridge. I have kept with that. Any leftovers get eaten quickly and other stuff gets used before expiration.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I try to keep mine "clean" most of the time from leftover things hiding. However, I don't remember when I last took out the shelves and wiped them clean. There is a project for this week!

Gross story - so my hubby and business partner own several townhomes, etc. & once had someone gradually move out. He continued to pay rent for several months, but had turned off the electricity several months prior. He left things... like moldy clothes sitting in water in the washer, etc. but worse of all was the fridge. My husband opened it one time, shut it quickly, wrapped it in duct tape and took the whole thing to the dump. Here, you are supposed to remove the door before taking fridges to the dump, but they let that slide when he explained that things were crawling out of the fridge...

5. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I'd score a C if fridge cleaning was a class. I don't do it often enough. I'm good about clearing out items that have gone bad, but I hate removing everything and actually cleaning the interior.

Donitab and IntenseMagic like this.
  6. IntenseMagic

Gahhh the bottles!! And the empty ones that no one throws away (like the boxes in the pantry), and the extra ones that I buy because I don't inventory before I go to the store lol
    Hope you are all settled from the move!

bellbird, Memaw2Wm and bestcee like this.
  7. IntenseMagic

You are my idol!! I have good intentions every time I clean it out that I won't let it get bad again, buuuutttt.....

8. IntenseMagic

I still need to wipe the shelves, but I did get everything out!
    And ewwwwww that makes me shiver just to think about!!

9. IntenseMagic

Same. I do need to just take everything out and really wash the drawers and shelves, but I just didn't have it in me today lol It's been a few months since I tackled that!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We recently moved, as well, so it looks pretty good. You are all going to hate me, but my hubby actually likes that task! Seriously! Also, when we started having regular housecleaners, we had them clean it every so often. They did an amazing job!

bestcee and IntenseMagic like this.
  11. IntenseMagic

[​IMG]
    :giggle:giggle:giggle
    My hubby is the WORST! He will cram and shove all the things!

12. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

This is me, too. We're pretty good about using up things in the fridge and freezer before they go bad, so I don't need to clear out old food or condiments. But scrubbing it down...I fail. If something spills I empty the shelf and clean it, but I'm terrible about doing it on a regular basis!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm a sort of clean as I go sort of housecleaner and my fridge isn't too bad.

14. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Well, it is a little easier when it is just one person that eats what is in there ;)

Memaw2Wm and IntenseMagic like this.
  15. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

It's a little over due. I had a tummy bug this week so not felt like doing it. Will get to it this week. Our fridge is always overfull which makes cleaning it difficult.

16. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Raising my hand that my actual fridge cleaning is OVERDUE!

On the flip side, I do remove out the old stuff, lunch meat or leftovers at least 1x a week - right when we are unloading the new additions to the fridge. I toss old, and in new goes. We try to have a leftover night if possible too.

17. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

In order to scrub out my fridge, I have to pull it out of it's slot, turn it 90°, then pull it 6' down my galley kitchen to the wide spot so I can fully open the door in order to pull the shelves and drawers out ... needless to say this doesn't happen very often. Although I do "swipe" at it.

I recently had my kitchen floor replaced which meant cleaning the food out of the fridge so they could move it. I moved it so I could really scrub it ... one of my housemates had spilled a drink so under the drawers was GROSS. Now it's nice and clean ... hopefully it will stay that way for awhile. It looks pretty empty b/c I got rid of a bunch of bottles of stuff that were expired or we don't use.

Donitab likes this.
  18. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I cleaned out my fridge last week because it had to be moved out to the garage for my new kitchen cabinets to get installed. We're living in a mess right now with stuff stashed all over the house right now. We're cooking in a makeshift kitchen in the basement and the mini fridge isn't big enough so it's a struggle when you have to go up and out to the garage to get food from the main fridge. Hopefully it'll all be worth it when this remodel is completed.

Donitab likes this.
  19. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

My philosophy is that if no one has eaten leftovers in four or five days, they are not ever going to eat them. I keep a running list on the front of the refrigerator of leftovers and the date they were stored; I review the list on garbage day and toss out any that I think have been in too long or are unlikely to be eaten or used soon.

Donitab likes this.
  20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Please don't tell me you don't have a dishwasher??? EEK!