Red Rising- the Board Game?!

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by bellbird, Jun 15, 2021.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I don't know how it would work, if you read the Red Rising books or not, they were pretty epic in physical, like universal scale and cultural hierachy (a few years back the first one was a bookclub book here) but apparently it's now a board game (or card game maybe?? it was in the new games part of the newsletter for the Sydney game shop i tend to buy games from)

I don't think i realised the series had such a cult following - I don't know that i've played games based on books before. I'm sure there are probably Twilight and Hunger Games board games at least but i haven't bought or played any that i can think of before, have you?

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I really enjoyed the books of that series that I read. I know there was a newer one out that I haven't gotten to yet, but I keep meaning to go back and finish that one! I didn't realized there was a cult following for that series either and I definitely didn't know there was a board game. Sounds interesting. I don't think I've played any games based on book series that I can think of. I'd rather just read. :giggle

bellbird likes this.
  3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Yeah I didn't end up reading Iron Gold or whatever the latest one was either. I ended up googling & finding this on Board game Geeks or some review site & it had artist drawings on the cards & Darrow was like a Disney Hercules to me & I never pictured him like that but like there were a ton of comments & specific questions that suggested people were buying/playing it :shrug

Karen likes this.