? reading TLP in Chrome ?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by michelepixels, Jun 15, 2020.

1. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

For all of my 4 years here at TLP I've been using Apple Safari to read TLP. But this year I've switched to Google Chrome for a few other things, because they didn't work in Safari. Then, I changed my computer default to Chrome so when I click on links in emails they'll open in Chrome.

But I do not like Chrome for TLP, and continue using Safari when I come here. Unless maybe this problem I'm having can be fixed . . . ?

In Safari, when I click on New Posts, it shows the thread titles in bold if I haven't yet read them. This doesn't happen in Chrome; all the thread titles look the same plain text whether I've read them or not. This isn't totally trivial to me; I think it makes a difference in my efficiency in using the forum.

Do you use Chrome? Did you experience this and find a setting that can be changed to fix it?

2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I use Chrome, and threads I've not read yet are in Bold.

michelepixels likes this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Same for me. Maybe it's a weird setting that needs to be noted here in the forum? or in Chrome? Good Luck... That issue would totally annoy me, lol!

4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Ditto - works for me in Chrome. Like Jenn said, maybe a setting?

5. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I also use Chrome and my unread threads are in bold. Does Chrome think you are logged in to the forum? Maybe that is the issue.

6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Bold for me as well both using the new posts option and just going to the individual forums to see what's new. I don't tend to use new posts since I usually only look at a couple of forums.

7. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I'm guessing it's a setting in Chrome and not the TLP site since it works in Safari. I use chrome on my windows 10 laptop and it shows the bold thread names when I click new posts. The thread names are NOT BOLD until after I click new posts. I also installed chrome on my ipad to test there and it also shows the bold thread names after clicking new posts. Are you using the most current version of chrome? That may be the cause... sorry, that's not more helpful.

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I see my unread threads in bold also until I've read them. I have no idea what setting it is that would cause yours not to be bold... maybe Google could come to the rescue... maybe search Chrome forum threads not bold or something like that? Hope you find a solution because I can see why that would drive you crazy.

Couldn't help myself and did a quick search. Here's a thread that looks like someone on a Mac seeing something similar:
    https://theme.co/forum/t/text-wont-bold-in-chrome/24324

9. michelepixels

Thanks everyone for replying.
    I might find some time to explore some settings.
    Easier to just read in Safari though.
    And Karen thanks for the search but it's not like nothing bolds in Chrome. Only the TLP thread titles.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    Karen likes this.
  10. michelepixels

And yes, I'm logged in! I'm typing this in Chrome right now because I double checked. :)

11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Are you talking Chrome in your phone or computer? Sometimes they do work differently. I use it in my computer and do get my unread post nice and BOLD.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  12. michelepixels

On my computer. I still haven't found a way. Oh well. I can just keep using Safari for TLP.

13. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I bet is some obscure setting. That sucks, because I do love my bold titles on the threads.