Reading Club Chat Date for September?

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by HeatherB, Aug 29, 2011.

When should we chat about Here Be Dragons?

1. Friday Sept 16 9:00 pm Eastern

33.3%
  2. Friday Sept 16 10:00 pm Eastern

50.0%
  3. Saturday Sept 17 10:00 am Eastern

50.0%
  4. Other (please suggest date/time)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Assuming that our chat room will be available, let's pick a date/time for talking about Here Be Dragons.

I've made this multiple choice, so click all the times that you can make the chat. If you still prefer another date/time - click Other and put your suggested date/time in this thread!

If none of these dates/times suit you, please please speak up and suggest an alternative so we can accommodate you!

Also let me know how you feel about switching it up - maybe one month a morning chat on the weekend, the next month an evening chat? Would help more people to be able to attend?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  2. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I voted for saturday, but should be able to make any of them work. We haven't gotten the boys' soccer schedule yet either, so that may create a conflict for me for the Saturday one.

3. HeatherB

I know how that is Becky - our football schedule takes up Tues and Thurs nights and either Sat or Sun morning-early afternoon on the weekends. And this is for an 8 year old! :)

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Saturdays in the morning will probably be tough to work in. I try to stay off the computer when the kids are awake because that's family time. That and I'll probably forget. :)

5. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I won't vote for now as I don't have a strong preference at the moment. Thanks for getting this scheduled in advance!

6. HeatherB

Saturday mornings don't work for me either (football and bowling for the boys), but I figured I'd throw it out there just in case it works for more people than a Friday night!

7. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I almost always work Friday evenings and Saturday mornings. 10 am EST would only be 7 am for me though, and that's probably doable if I don't go walking and have my shower already taken and ready for work!

8. Dana

Dana Dana

i am nowhere close to finishing this book - LOL - so i'm not going to vote ... for some reason, it is taking me forever to get into this one ....

9. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

I'm not close to finishing the book either.
    Usually I'm really fast... but my problem is finding time this month.
    Weekends are mostly out for me, because we travel so often.
    But I'd love to chat any time during the week or weeknight.

10. Karen

I'm not even close to finishing either. It's been a busy few weeks here and I started working earlier hours so I can't stay up as late as usual.

11. Cristina

I just started it too, and I'm only about 50 pages in. But I think I will be able to finish it this week. Do y'all want to move the chat to next week since we're all so behind?

12. HeatherB

That's a good idea Cristina. Or it might just be easier to start a discussion thread instead of a chat, what do you think?

13. Cristina

I really like chats, so my preference would be chat + discussion thread later. But I see that the chat still isn't working...

14. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

I voted for the latest possible date. I haven't even started the book yet! I've got to get on it...now!

15. Karen

I'd love a discussion thread each month so that if I don't finish a book on time, I can go back and read it later. Plus, when I finish a book, I want to discuss it immediately and get instant feedback. LOL! :)

16. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I'd love it to be later in the month, and a weeknight would be better for me that a weekend. I haven't started the book yet because the Fever series kind of zapped all my reading time, but I've read it two or three times already, so it won't take me long to zip through it!