? Re: Bamboo Pens and Tablets

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jojoma, Feb 9, 2012.

1. jojoma

jojoma Member

I've been looking at the three models and I think I want the capture. 1 because it comes with Elements. Can I edit photos with Elements too? and 2. I don't think I care about Corel features.

Will the smaller screen size be an issue and will I wish I bought the Create for the Pen eraser feature?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, guys!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. Daniellesmama

Daniellesmama My name is Inigo Montoya...

I have a Bamboo and love it! It is just like using a mouse - your hand movements are scaled up from the tablet surface to the screen and you can set the sensitivity so that it moves more or less, depending on how responsive you want the pen to be.

I find the pen so much easier to do the intricate work like selecting things or erasing.

And yes, you can edit pictures and create scrapbook pages with PS Elements. My tablet came with version 7, but I use version 9 right now and I am thinking about upgrading to 10. Just waiting for a good sale!

3. jojoma

jojoma Member

Is the eraser worth the extra $100.00 upgrade to the Create pen?

4. eryn

eryn gross no longer

they must have changed their product line cos I don't know these names..going to google!

Wow they update regularly.

Ok from what I can see for $79 you get the basic tablet with pen only input.
    For $99 you get the multi touch tablet which has touch and pen input, plus you get PSE (though it doesn't say what version)

Then for $199 you get the extra large tablet size with pen and touch input.

As far as I can tell they all come with the eraser feature, though I may be wrong. Personally I don't use mine. Because it uses whatever settings are already set for your eraser...and it's rare that I keep the same settings each time I use the eraser.kwim? Therefore I have to go to the eraser button anyway to adjust and so therefore the pen side works as well.

For scrapping you don't need the larger surface, so save your pennies.
    If you need PSE then definitely go for the capture. But be aware it will probably be an outdated version.

So really the main question is do you want to the touch features? I don't use mine. I so badly wanted to upgrade to touch, but it just doesn't work well enough for my liking. However the new tablets may work better. So for $20 it's your choice.

hope this helps :)

5. jojoma

jojoma Member

o yes. i didnt realize all the pens have an eraser for one. I dont scrap with Photoshop so I would like to have it for photo editing and even the next to latest version of elements will probably work just fine for me. Thanks for your input.

6. eryn

eryn gross no longer

you're welcome :)

And yes PSE is definitely for photo editing.
    Can I ask what program you use for scrapping?

7. jojoma

jojoma Member

I use Microsoft Publisher. I really like how easy to use and understand it is. But I can't do much photo editing, no PS actions, no blending or masking. That kinda stinks, but I do like how easy it is to work layers together. And it now has shadowing thank goodness. I really appreciate your feedback.