#rare polar vortex #seriously?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by vixen, Jan 5, 2014.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Still snowing here... guessing we've gotten about 8-10 inches here in the city. It's hard to tell because there's no where to put it all. My daughter goes to Catholic school and they cancelled this morning, Chicago Public Schools cancelled this evening which is huge. They rarely cancel and had sent out notices all last night and this morning that they would be open no matter what. Guess they changed their minds. Since we're stuck inside due to the -40ish windchills tomorrow, I decided to add three more kids to the mix, so our friends' kids will be here too. Should be fun. :-) This pic was taken this morning... they were thrilled about having to shovel.

[​IMG]

2. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

You guys all have lots more snow than we do. We only got a couple of inches, but it is cold (single digits, negative windchill--which is pretty unusual here) and so we get a snow day. Which makes me happy since i am a teacher :)

3. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

The snow is just abt over, and the official count for the city is 11.3 inches -- the second largest single day snowfall in weather history. There is now a state of emergency until noon tomorrow, so we are stuck here at the house whether we like it or not. Not that I was planning on leaving my comfy couch until the temperature was above 0 degrees F, but DH is supposed to be at work at noon. Guess he'll be late! :giggle

I totally blew my 4yo daughter's mind when I made ice cream out of the snow in our yard this evening. She asked me at bedtime if I would make her more tomorrow. :giggle

4. christineirion

christineirion christineirion

I can't believe all this crazy snow and cold weather! I'm in sunny and mild northern California where one of my sons is still running around without a shirt outside!

5. VickyD

VickyD Coffee - I need an IV for that!!

Wow! Stay safe and warm everyone xx No snow in my part of the UK yet, but no doubt it will come at some point xx

6. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

We have no snow here in the uk just heavy rain , stay safe

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well, they called school for today and I'm not surprised. It's 0°F and there are piles of snow! My kids were thrilled to get one more day of Christmas break.

8. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Oh yes... lots of snow and cold here in Wisconsin... -16 was the temp. this morning! Bbbbbrrrrr... Here is a peak on our driveway... pretty but darn cold!

[​IMG]

9. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Here too we have some seriously cold weather with -40's windchills. Good news though, my car registers double digit negatives LOL
    Going to work...
    [​IMG]

Coming home...not much of an afternoon high. Brrr
    [​IMG]

10. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

EEk! I guess I should quit whining about the cold then. It's 39F here today. I am f-f-freeeeeezing!
    I could not handle much colder than this. Another reason I live in Texas. :giggle

11. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

We had rain all night and into this morning. All of that snow that was in my yard is gone! I'm sure it's going to be a nasty icy mess tomorrow.