RadLab vs Nik Software?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by scrappup32, Nov 12, 2012.

1. scrappup32

scrappup32 Currently starring in Hoarders: Digi Disarray

The thread on Lightroom vs Photoshop got me thinking about photo editing plugins. I have Nik Software's plugin suite for Photoshop and I LOVE them, but I keep hearing that RadLab is amazing. It seems like the programs are similar in terms of concept/interface, but have different filters.

Does anyone use both? Does it make sense for me to get RadLab if I already have Nik's Color Efex Pro?

2. Kim Gehring

Kim Gehring It's all about the 3-Cs: coffee, caramel, claw

I don't use Nik, but I :heartslub RadLab. I use it constantly. And it's incredibly easy...you get your photo effect with one click. If you want to try it they've got a 14 day free trial.

3. scrappup32

scrappup32 Currently starring in Hoarders: Digi Disarray

To update: I ended up getting RadLab in their Black Friday sale. I love the fun filters and I will definitely use it a bunch. But my opinion is that if I were to get just one, I would probably stick with the Nik Software plugins because of the variety of pro photo editing options (like Skin Softening), and because of the control you have in being able to apply filters selectively to just portions of the photographs. But they are both great and I'm glad to be able to use them both!!

Here's the link to Nik in case anyone is interested: http://www.niksoftware.com/products/usa/entry.php