Rachel's Mixed Media Challenge - November 2023

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Roxana, Nov 1, 2023.

1. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

@Roxana I was saying thank you for winning the previous month. I will make this page soon.

Roxana likes this.
  2. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

My take on this challenge. Loved it. I've only used Rachels parts of Hear My Voice 04 Collection.
    [​IMG]

3. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Thank you so much for hosting and the creative challenge, here's my take, full credits in gallery. Nice day!
    [​IMG]

4. jp504

jp504 Reading is my escape plan.

Thank you for this challenge. I really enjoyed this challenge because neutrals are my favorite colors.
    [​IMG]

5. lm44west

lm44west All You Need is Ice Cream

6. BLKinOR

BLKinOR Well-Known Member

This was much harder than I expected it would be but I enjoyed this challenge. I finally decided to choose a color not present in my photo as the color pop. Yes, I could have changed the photo to black and white but I loved the colors of the puzzle. I think this works.

[​IMG]

7. Erin2

Erin2 Well-Known Member

8. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Such an interesting Challenge...I do like neutrals...but I really do like color...It was a little bit of a challenge though...That being said...I do like layouts with just a few pops of color..too...

***Grief,Hurt,Pain...tough times for me...in my ongoing progress of trying to figure out how to grieve the loss of my Beloved,Husband Ray to Stage 4 Brain Cancer...and how to heal from my own health related injuries***

***There always seems to be something going on in my life...that seems to be unwelcome...or intrusive...I thought things were seemingly going finally in the right direction for me...With my brother now living with me...and at least knowing the rent will be covered...and there is more of a positive direction moving forward...[seriously,I don't know what that really means...]...Positivity is not my middle name anymore...It's more like...I will try not to cry as much today or get as angry at myself & the world around me...When I re-injured my bad broken arm...I was like no way!!!...Not again...That has now settled down at least...Then...WHAM!...One night I had excruciating abdominal pain...so bad I could hardly walk...I called my Extra Mural nurse...& she said to call 911 right away...So,here I was again...back to the ER again!!!!!!!!!!!!...I was there for almost 12 hours...They sent me home at 4:00 A.M...Told me to come back the next day...for a CT Scan...Again,I was there for another 9 hours before I saw the doctor...They told me I had an inflamed Gall Bladder!!!...HUH!!!...I had no idea...This was a new kind of pain for me...Oh! & by the way...you can't go home...I just cried..I...ended up spending the night in an ER room until they found me a hospital bed/room...They moved me in the middle of the night...I was in so much pain...I cried a lot while there...after 5 days of waiting for surgery...& 4 room moves later...I finally was taken down in the early evening for surgery...I called my brother to let him know...& off I went...I was so scared...The doctor went over the actual surgery with me...and the possible outcomes...One,was that I might wake up with a tube coming out of my belly with a vent bag attached for drainage...Well...that's how I woke up...I don't remember anything about the surgery...except how I woke up...& the pain...I started to cry...The doctor was right there...He explained...that my Gall Bladder was attached to my Colon...A rather rare situation..so they couldn't take out the Gall Bladder...We had to wait for the infection & inflammation to go down & heal up before more surgery was possible...So,I was at the hospital for many more days...I spent a total of 2 weeks there...I got out on Halloween night...October 31st...It took days before they could get the pain regulated before they would let me go home...So,October was a Blur!...& November wasn't much better...I am now recovering from that surgery & waiting for my next surgery date time...I couldn't lift anything heavy for 3 weeks & not able to even walk stairs...I finally went out on the day of the third week..to go get my rent money & pay some bills...But not much to do...but recover & rest...My pain is better now...but I had a complication a couple of weeks ago...& had to spend yet another 2 days back in the ER...My drainage bag wasn't draining properly & the pain had come back...Turns out everything was O.K. though...I hope no more complications now...I have a follow-up phone appointment with the surgeon who did my first surgery...on December 8th...& a visit with the doctor who is doing my next surgery...on Dec.12th...This is starting to sound familiar...I was in the hospital last year too near Christmas...after I broke my neck & arm...It is now 1 year since that almost fatal accident...How ironic!!!...I still have flashback nightmares about that...since my Ray has passed away...I'm really scared...

My grief is getting out of sorts again...well,it never was in sorts...if you know what I mean...Christmas is around the corner...& it will be my first one without my Beloved Ray...the closer it gets...the more I cry...My grief counseling group...doesn't start up until the new year now...sometime in January 2024...I'm just so scared about everything...Another year gone by...& another month that my Ray is gone also...it will be 6 months on December 9th...This is how my layout manifested itself...My fear,my grief & my internal & external pain...Hopefully,the grief group will help me learn how to manage all of my fears,grief & pain...

My : My Grief Is Palpable : Layout : As per the rules of this challenge...I used all neutrals...white,grey & black...and my only 3 spots of color allowed...Blue : Butterfly/Flower/Scatter

Full credits will be posted in my gallery...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  9. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

Your pages are amazing, ladies, I hope you enjoyed this challenge and thank you so much for playing along! I wish you all the best and hope to see you all at the next Rachel's Mixed Media Challenge! :bk

RJMJ and G.J. like this.
  10. ViVre

ViVre Active Member

Thanks for the challenge Roxana and for the coupon :agree