Rachel's Mixed Media Challenge | JAN 2023

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Rachel Jefferies, Jan 4, 2023.

1. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Gorgeous pages ladies!
    [​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies and ajm like this.
  2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Better late than never. Here is one from me:

[​IMG]

3. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thanks for the fun challenge.

4. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

It's always fun to play with your kits.
    [​IMG]

scrapchyck, Rachel Jefferies and ajm like this.
  5. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

***Personal Story Below ***

It has been sooo..long since I have posted any layouts here at the Lilypad...For many various reasons...I have been struggling with health issues...these last few months have been the toughest...I was hospitalized back in Oct.22 for serious kidney issues & neuropathy in my legs & feet...Thankfully my kidney issues are for now doing well...but I'm still struggling with the neuropathy right now...I am wearing 'tubie" compression layers on my legs & feet every day because of the constant pain & swelling...Walking with a cane...& then in late Nov.22...I had a life-threatening accident...I went head-first into the cement wall in our apt. building's stairwell...I still can't believe this happened to me...I broke my neck & my left arm[the one I write & mouse with]...I spent almost 3 weeks in the hospital...I am wearing a neck collar & sling on my left arm...I just got my sling removed last Friday...I now am going through the painful recovery that comes along with these things...I can finally write again & start to slowly type again...Eventhough it is very difficult & painful if I type too long...But things are slowly going in the right direction...I just have to take it very easy...I haven't been able to create layouts since early November without the ability to type or even sit at the computer...I can't even walk the stairs without being in so much pain & swelling...I have extra mural nurses & physiotherapy nurses visiting me & helping me with my legs & feet neuropathy & my physiotherapy...But it has been my amazing! husband who has been helping me with literally everything!...Without him,I wouldn't have gotten this far...But saying that,we are both exhausted & stressed out too...It has been so much to bear...I think we both need a vacation from our own lives...It takes a toll on your loved ones too...He essentially became my caregiver...He's the best!!!...But he has suffered much too!!!...I still have a ways to go for sure...I have good days & bad ones...I still can't walk the 3 flights of stairs down from our apt. building...Baby steps...I'm still intimidated by those steps I fell on...but I will muster all of my strength & push forward & do my best to carry on...

Creating a layout for this challenge was a major milestone for me in my recovery...It took me a few days to complete with my restrictions...But I'm happy with how it turned out...It sends a positive message about recovery & strength & trying to move forward despite what happened to me...It could have been so much worse...I almost died that day...I could have broken every bone or have been paralyzed...I'm still in much pain...but it is better than it was...My pain prescriptions are closely monitored & updated & changed as needed...I am grateful for all the nurses,EMT people & doctors who have helped me on my recovery but most grateful! & thankful! to my amazing! husband Ray...Thank You! for the challenge Rachel & Aly!...I have always been a big fan of you both! & a great supporter of Rachel's challenges & wonderful! designs...It's nice to finally be creating again slowly!...Creating artistic layouts are a big part of my heart & soul...xx Rhonda...

*For my NEW BEGINNINGS layout : I used : All Rachel Jefferies Products :

I'm Somewhere Inbetween : Journaling Prompts
    Trust In This : the Complete Mixed Media Collection
    All The little Joys : Money Saving Bundle
    And So Here I Stand : Mixed Media Kit
    Messy Marks : Date Stamps 2022 PLUS BONUS

Font : Hellowin Regular [January 2023]
    Photo : Ruslan Zaplatin : Unsplash

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  6. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

I hope to participate all year. I love all of Rachel's kits, and it's a new scrapping challenge for me to use them, which I enjoy. My son came home with these pictures of our cat last weekend and I've been looking for a reason to scrap them.

[​IMG]

7. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

What a stunning set of entries to the challenge so far, you are so creative, love them!!

scrapchyck likes this.
  8. scrapchyck

scrapchyck Well-Known Member

Here's my entry...love playing around with mixed media. Looking forward to building my supplies from TLP, so I can play more. I have so many VERY OLD supplies! LOL (Like from 2005-2010!) Nothing wrong with them, just not TLP designers! You are all so talented, I am enjoying my trips to the store!

[​IMG]

ajm likes this.
  9. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge. Everything currently available in store except two of the flowers (all details in credits). And my first entry form submitted :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    ajm likes this.
  10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you Rachel. Here's my page. Was good to do this bit of art journaling at the end of an emotional day.
    [​IMG]

ajm likes this.
  11. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the fun challenge!

[​IMG]

ajm likes this.
  12. lm44west

lm44west All You Need is Ice Cream

13. nollipap

nollipap Well-Known Member

Love this challenge
    [​IMG]

ajm likes this.
  14. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

Great challenge!
    [​IMG]

ajm likes this.
  15. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

ajm likes this.
  16. Pheeebzzz

Pheeebzzz Well-Known Member

Playing catch up to try and make all 12 challenges before the year ends...
    [​IMG]

ajm likes this.