Rachel's Mixed Media Challenge | February 2023 - Closed

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by jaye, Feb 2, 2023.

1. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Hello everyone, jaye here with the January winners and February's challenge.

Please help me to congratulate Anglea Toucan @Angela Toucan our winner of the January 2023 Mixed Media Challenge. For those of you who participated your discount coupons will be coming in the next day or two, please watch your inboxes!

I am guilty of being a single photo scrapper most of the time, anyone who has looked at my gallery will be shaking their heads in agreement. For this month I wanted to step outside of my comfort zone and create a page that had more than one photo.

My approach to creating a multi-photo mixed media page is to find like photos and put them close together or in a bit of a cluster. As you can see I have 3 photos of flowers and they all happened to be taken on the same day. After choosing my photos I played with editing them a bit to make them darker or dreamier depending on the kits I am using.

After placing my photos (see January's Challenge from Aly for tips on photo placement on your canvas) I start to build my page. I usually start by adding paper pieces, and pocket cards, then move on to foliage, string and flowers. Once I have those all set I come back to add splatters, paint, and word art. For this particular page, I also blended 3 papers together to create the background.

Our challenge for this month is to create a mixed-media page that uses more than one photo.
    In short, the rules are;
    1. two or more photos
    2. have fun and think outside your comfort zone

Challenge Requirements:

* Create a new scrapbook layout or creative project using at least 75% of Rachel's Product. * The other 25% must contain product from another current TLP designer.
    * The product can be currently available in the TLP Shop or be retired products from Rachel or a current designer.
    * Templates are NOT allowed for this challenge, this is for you to practise setting up a multi photo page from scratch.
    * Hybrid projects are also welcome and the same product rules apply. Where digital products are used in a hybrid Project they must all come from current The LilyPad designers and at least 75% must be Rachel's Product.
    * Use Two or more photos on your page or project.
    * Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at TLP with your product credits.
    * For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST upload your finished layout to this thread. Please link your thread to your gallery image as it helps us leave love on your layout (and validate your project).
    * No double-dipping… your layout must be created for this challenge only, no others. You must create a NEW layout for this challenge.
    * This challenge will remain open until February 28th, 2023.

Here is my finished page!
    [​IMG]
    Prizes and other important notes:

* All participants who post their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meet the criteria will be eligible for a coupon of 15% off their next order (from Rachel's shop) of $10 or more.
    * ONE lucky random winner who posts their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meets the criteria will receive an $8.00 coupon for Rachel's Shop here at the LilyPad!
    * Complete ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at the LilyPad in 2023 for a chance to enter her Annual Draw. The first drawn winner will be offered a three month Guest Gig on her Creative Team and the second drawn winner will receive a $20 coupon to her shop here at the LilyPad!
    * In order to be eligible for the annual drawings for the Guest Gig or the $20 Coupon to Rachel's shop you will need to do the following:
    * Complete ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at the LilyPad in 2023 by December 31, 2023 by 1159 PM PDT. (Featured Product Challenges and Hear My Voice Challenges are excluded from the tracker and annual draw).
    * Post the challenge layout in the appropriate challenge month thread for Rachel's Jefferies Mixed Media Challenges. We will keep an accumulative list for you in each months Challenge thread to make this easier. For example: Your January Challenge layout must be posted in the January Challenge thread and linked back to the gallery --even if you complete it in November, it must still be posted in the January Thread).
    * Complete your tracker form with links to each challenge layout by December 31, 2023 by 1159 PM PDT.
    * Note: for the annual drawings, challenge pages will be accepted for individual challenges after the actual challenge month and the end of month deadlines have both passed.
    * In order to qualify for the monthly winners coupon draw of $8 and the participation coupon you must complete the challenge during the challenge month by the end of month deadline as stated in each challenge thread.
    * Find your 2023 Tracker Submission Form Here
    * Past Challenges are here: JAN 2023

If you have any questions about the Challenge please tag me and Rachel is available for any questions about the new Prize Set up or Tracking @Rachel Jefferies

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Here are a few samples:

from Rachel herself
    rjefferies-aththefarm.jpg

Esther
    ESTHER_RJ_BYOC_FEB.jpg

Aly
    AJM-It's-just-me,-myself-and-I-800.jpg

3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you.

mcurtt and flowersgal like this.
  4. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you Jaye for this challenge!

[​IMG]

flowersgal and Roxana like this.
  5. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

6. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Congratulations Angela.

7. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

I normally doesn't use many photo but when I do I think it's fun :) My oldest daughter and my youngest granddaughter.
    [​IMG]

Roxana likes this.
  8. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you for the challenge Jaye.

[​IMG]

KarenC, flowersgal and Roxana like this.
  9. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Again @Angela Toucan congrats!:cheer And thank you for the challenge. I normally am an 1 photo scrapper, so it definitely was a challenge!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    flowersgal and Angela Toucan like this.
  10. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

KarenC, flowersgal and Angela Toucan like this.
  11. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I actually have 2 photos -- the necklace and the card that came with it (which I photographed) explaining the process.
    Thanks for the challenge. It stretched me but I enjoyed the results.

[​IMG]

12. Scrap by Irre

Scrap by Irre Well-Known Member

13. lm44west

lm44west All You Need is Ice Cream

14. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

15. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Thanks for the challenge. Here's one from me:
    [​IMG]

16. angels

angels Well-Known Member

Thank you for the challenge :)

[​IMG]

17. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

18. scrapchyck

scrapchyck Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge! I love to scrap my Christmas ornament photos and this was the perfect opportunity!

[​IMG]

19. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

A question: I have an idea, but need to ask: could I scan a map & use as background?

20. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Hi Eva yes you can, where digital products are used they must all come from TLP designers and at least 75% being my Product so just use this count for the additional items you add to your map.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    tanteva likes this.