Rachel Jefferies Nov. Mixed Media Challenge + Oct. winners!

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Ferdy, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

Hi, ladies! I'm Ferdy, from Rachel's CT and I'm the one who's bringing you the november challenge!
    But, before I start with the new one, let's begin with the winners from October's challenge:

October winners:

Thank you all so much for playing along with October's challenge, it was cool to see the pages and try to remember where in the world you were located, by looking at wich half of the page you scrapped! So, with no further ado:

The winners drawn at random are . . . .
    $10 coupon goes to @lm44west
    $6 coupon goes to @AmandaJ
    - Your coupons will come ASAP!

For November, we'll have a "Reflections" challenge! I'd love to see pages that are focused on your emotions right now...we are very close to the end of the year and there are many of you that celebrate Thanksgiving, or maybe you are just feeling overwhelmed with family reunions and other gatherings ...well, the idea here is to scrap your heart out, journal about it and use mixed media elements to help express your emotions!

So, I want to see pages showing how your life is right now...the joys of life - the good, the bad (and why not?), even the ugly!! You decide what you are going to create, it can be a photoless art journal page, or it can have photos...it's up to you! BUT I want to see a few lines of personal journaling documenting your page!

I have a quick tip on how you can share your journaling online in situations where you don't feel comfortable with people reading it...maybe you are like me, and simply don't like to share good stuff to not jinx it...or maybe its more sensitive journaling and you just want to scrap about it, like a therapeutic piece of art journaling:

- you can use a blend mode on the text layer, reduce the opacity, so it's more difficult to read it;
    - you can disguise it using an element, scribble, paint, overlay over the text...you can hide some words or part of them;
    - place your journaling under photos or clustered elements...you get the idea, right?

Examples:
    In my page, I used a lot of these tricks, my text is located on the top right corner, under brushes and elements, and I lowered the opacity also:

[​IMG]
    Created using: captivating basics: whites #1|wings unfolded MMA | All About Me store collab(2 wordarts from Rachel's part) | Messy & Imperfect MMA

and a few other layout examples from the CT girls:

by @mcurtt Marilyn:
    She used a font that wasn’t very readable, then typed in black on a dark gray striped background. Lowered the opacity of her journaling, placed an old ledger (mixed media artistry) over the words and changed the ledger’s blend mode to “difference”.
    Marilyn.jpg

by @cinderella Cindy: crcedits in her gallery.
    Cindy.jpg

by @tammybean004 Tammy:
    she placed her journaling under the paint and photo.
    Tammy.jpg

by @nietis Sherly
    She used a hard-to-read font:
    Sherly.jpg

and by @dvhoward Diane
    Diane.jpg

Requirements:
    · Where possible challenge layouts must use 100% of Rachel Jefferies Designs currently available in the TLP store (Collaborations including my Mixed Media Monthly Subscription Kits and Add Ons are also ok!). The exception to this is retired products that were previously for sale at TLP which can be used. A few elements here or there from other products that were previously available prior to Rachel's retirement or freebies may also be used.

· Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at TLP.

· For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST reply to this thread with your finished layout. Please link your thread layout to your gallery.

· I'd like to see brand new pages, so no double-dipping with other challenges :).

· The challenge will be open through November 30 at which time a random participant will win a $10 coupon to Rachel's shop. The winner will be announced when December’s challenge is posted.

New Release bonus entries
    It feels great to scrap with fresh new releases, if you are scrapping with a product released during November 2019 (either a new release or a SOSN release) you'll get yourself a bonus entry for another chance to win a coupon should you not be the $10 coupon winner. One winner from the bonus entries will be picked from random to win a $6 coupon to Rachel's shop.

**It would be helpful when posting your page in this thread that you note you are eligible for the New Release Bonus Entry. Please post which November 2019 New Release (or Nov. SOSN release) you used. This would make it faster for me cross checking all the entries when making the random draw for winners!

Any questions just ask @Ferdy and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Have fun, enjoy and I can't wait to see what you create!!

2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here is mine again. Feel free to click on the image below to take you to the credits in the gallery.

[​IMG]

*gina* and Ferdy like this.
  3. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

On Rachel's team so no need to add me to the draw :frog

[​IMG]

4. Ferdy

oh, @ArmyGrl Lisa, your page is awesome!!

5. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Great pages all! Mine is all about fear and my journaling is in the upper corner.
    [​IMG]

Electra, *gina* and Ferdy like this.
  6. lm44west

lm44west All You Need is Ice Cream

I'm thrilled to win. Thank you.

Ferdy likes this.
  7. tammybean004

tammybean004 Well-Known Member

I played using Rachel's M3 Nov 18: Bundle. My journaling is tucked under the photo and paints.
    [​IMG]

*gina*, Katherine B and Ferdy like this.
  8. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

[​IMG]
    I chose a hard to read font for my journaling.

9. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I miss them with every fiber of my being. I pray for this to end well, soon.
    [​IMG]

wvsandy, *gina*, Katherine B and 2 others like this.
  10. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

This Was A Difficult Challenge For Me To Complete...Mostly When I Post A Layout...I Can Be Pretty Chatty As To Why/How It Was Created...But In This Case...I'm Not Gonna Say A Lot...This Subject Matter Is My Own Personal Albatross...It Hangs Around My Neck Like A Heavy Unpleasant Neck Chain That I Can't Take Off...I Never Talk About It To Anyone...It Is The Primary Source Of My Anxiety/Depression[Next To My Chronic Pain]...I Hid A Lot Of The Journaling...I May Have Revealed Too Much...Hope Not...I'm Sure No One Wants To Hear About It...

*For My Times Are Just Too Tough Layout-I Used:

*Mixed Media Monthly-September 2019-Rachel Jefferies
    *From The Rooftops-Rachel Jefferies

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  11. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

12. Ferdy

I'm loving the pages so far, ladies! thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and experiences!
    if someone else wants to play, don't be shy! you don't have to share a subject that is hard to you, it can be about good things too!!
    there's plenty of time to submit your page!

13. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

It was nice to do a brain dump and journal about a recent power outage
    [​IMG]

ajm, *gina* and Ferdy like this.
  14. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for the challenge @Ferdy and @Rachel Jefferies
    This is my now. I wrote the journaling on Friday and finished the page this afternoon.
    [​IMG]
    This month's releases:
    I used the Nov BYOC Wander and Explore Mixed Media Artistry

15. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I used Nov SOSN - Shine Bright bundle for the layout.
    [​IMG]

16. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you for the challenge Ferdy ...
    my journaling is about 'stress' ... I really have a busy week ... today friends come to visit ... they come to dine ... and like to eat well ... we first have aperitifs with different snacks (I already made them yesterday) - then there is yellow pepper soup - steak with stroganoff sauce and fries and a dessert plate with home-made tiramisu and chocolate mousse ... tomorrow my grandchildren will stay for five days ... my daughter-in-law had to go abroad for work and my son had the chance to come along ... the oldest must be in school on time. .. the little one goes to the day care center ... in between cleaning and cooking and it will be time to pick them up because the school is already out at 3.25 pm ...

[​IMG]

*gina*, Ferdy and flowersgal like this.
  17. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

Here's one from me:

[​IMG]

Ferdy and *gina* like this.
  18. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you for this challenge!
    [​IMG]

Ferdy and *gina* like this.