Rachel Jefferies Mixed Media Challenge - Pocket Cards - November 2020 ** CLOSED **

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by mcurtt, Nov 2, 2020.

1. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Hi everyone, Marilyn here. I am pleased to be hosting Rachel’s designer challenge this month.

But first, here are the very lucky winners for the tag challenge hosted by Deborrah.
    The winners drawn at random are:
    $10 coupon goes to @trekmom
    $6 coupon goes to @garrynkim
    - Your coupons will be delivered to you via PM from @Rachel Jefferies as soon as possible!
    Congrats and have fun shopping, ladies!

And with it being November, let us give thanks with pocket cards!

My challenge to you is simple. You must use at least three pocket cards on your layout. They may be resized, rotated, or stacked, but I must be able to distinguish that they are pocket cards. Or you can simply create a pocket page with your pocket cards. :-) Photoless layouts are welcome.

Rachel has a lovely assortment of pocket cards at TLP. Here is a link to them at her shop: https://the-lilypad.com/store/Rachel-Jefferies/?catid=860 Some are sold as individual products, but others (for a better bargain) are bundled with her kits. And then there is her Pocket Art - Signature series, specifically created with those pocket pages in mind.

A preview of her lovely signature kits and a couple links to my fave pocket cards (pictured below)
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Fear-Not-Pocket-Art.html
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/This-is-the-Place-Pocket-Art.html

Pocket Art.jpg

Regardless, if you don't have any in your stash, you need to get them. I've discovered a love of pocket cards (Thank you, @Rachel Jefferies ) just this past year. :-)

A few of my pocket pages with Rachel's products:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here is a page I made using 3 pocket cards, all coming from Silent Battles - Exhaustion.
    [​IMG]

And here is one from Ann-Sofie made with Pocket Art Pintsized Papers, Elements and Cards.
    rj-challengelo-annsofie.jpg

From Cindy, using Pocket Art: Signature Kit 6
    rjefferies pocketart sig kit 6_Cinderella.jpg

Here's one from Deborrah, created with Rachel's Pocket Card Kits 1 and 2, and a couple of other things...
    RJ_November-Challenge_Deborrah.jpg

From Aly, I love the geometric look using six cards and that elongated photo.
    Aly_Long-winter-800.jpg

Here's one from Marijke:
    Marijke_20-11_rjefferies-november-challenge-copy.jpg

From Roxana, she used pockets cards from A Better Place. She also used It's All in My Head; Messy & Imperfect; Those Wings; This is Now; You are Magical; Wings Unfolded
    Roxana_Amazing.jpg

And last but not least, from the ever talented Rachel, using Messy Marks Date Stamps 2019/2020, Thingamajigs 3 (Layered Paper/Template) Plus Elements, Stamps and Cards #2 & #3 from her collaboration with Elif Sahin called Birds of a Feather, Elements from Pocket Art: Signature Kit 1 & 2 and Card #1 from Pocket Art: Signature Kit 2
    rjefferies-tranquilityinthewoods.jpg

Challenge Requirements:
    • Create a page or project using 3 or more pocket cards. They may be resized, rotated or stacked, but I must be able to clearly see that at least 3 cards are used.
    • Your layout must be comprised of 100% Rachel Jefferies products; 90% must be currently available in her store. You may use up to 10% retired products.
    • Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at TLP and list the products used in your credits.
    • For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST upload your finished layout to this thread. Please link your thread to your gallery image as it helps us leave love on your layout (and, validate your project).
    • No double dipping…your layout must be used for this challenge only, no others.
    • You must create a new layout for this challenge.
    • This challenge closes at midnight 30 November 2020 according to the timestamp on your thread post.
    Prizes:
    • One lucky artist will be randomly drawn to win a $10 coupon to Rachel Jefferies store.
    • New Release Bonus Entry! If you use one of Rachel’s products released in November 2020 (a new release, M3, BYOC and even SOSN released in November 2020) you will get a bonus entry for a chance to win a $6 coupon (should you not be the $10 winner). Please let me know if you are eligible for the $6 entry by stating “New Release Bonus Entry” when you post in the forum.

If you have any questions just ask me @mcurtt and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Enjoy the challenge!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    ajm likes this.
  2. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, wow. Thank you so much! My day has been made.

mcurtt likes this.
  3. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Congrats to @trekmom and @garrynkim :cheer

My page for the November challenge, linked for credits

[​IMG]

flowersgal, mcurtt and trekmom like this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Congrats to @trekmom and @garrynkim

Fantastic challenge, Marilyn and the pages that I've seen so far are just wonderful!! I can't wait to play!

trekmom and mcurtt like this.
  5. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I love Rachel's Pocket Art collection: they are perfect for both artsy and pocket pages.
    Here is the sample page I made for the challenge, with a link to the gallery.
    [​IMG]

flowersgal and mcurtt like this.
  6. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

7. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I got the pocketart stash builder set for this challenge, think I will use them a lot.
    [​IMG]

flowersgal and mcurtt like this.
  8. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

Great challenge! I decided not to do a pocket page, but rather used them as layering mats!
    [​IMG]

flowersgal, trekmom and mcurtt like this.
  9. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Great challenge! I used all pocket cards on my page.

[​IMG]

11. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

wvsandy, bjc, flowersgal and 2 others like this.
  12. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

Thank you, thank you! and congrats to @trekmom for the big win!!

mcurtt and trekmom like this.
  13. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Just sayin'.. Rachel has put several pocket art sets for sale in today's SOSN (November 4). If you are new to pocket art, this is a wonderful opportunity to try them out. :-)

14. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Thanks for the challenge. I had fun turning, decorating them and using them as a framing device.
    [​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  15. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

congrats @trekmom @garrynkim
    This is a fun challenge, I've just discovered a love of pocket cards

mcurtt likes this.
  16. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Another GREAT! Rachel Challenge!...I Too! Have Only Recently Discovered Pocket Pages But I Have Always Been Familiar With Pocket Cards!...I Just Didn't Use Them Very Much!...& Frankly...I Didn't Really Know How To Use Them Properly Until More Recently!...Do A Great! Timing Challenge!...I LOVE! Tomatoes!...& This Pocket Art Kit Was Able To Showcase A Photo That Shows Some Lovely! Vine Tomatoes! Just Right For Eating!...Or Snacking!...I Made The 3 Chosen Pocket Cards The Centre Focus Here!...Flanked! My Messy Threads!...& Lots Of Fun! Clustering Of Rachel's Beautiful! Elements!...Everything Just Went Together Wonderfully!...Albeit:I Had To Change Only A Couple Of Things To Complete The Just Right Look I Was Going For!...

*I Changed The Color Of The Yummy Yummy WA To Orange! & Split Them Into 2 WA Pieces
    *I Only Lightened Ever So Slightly The Oh Happy Day WA
    *And I Created The Straight From The Vine WA & Added An Orange Stroke To Give It The Right POP! Of Color!...

*For My Vine Love Layout-I Used-Pocket Art-Signature Kit No.7-Rachel Jefferies

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    mcurtt likes this.
  17. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

18. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

ooooh fun! my spot

19. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Awesome challenge Marilyn! I used Rachel's newest bundle, All the Joys

[​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  20. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under