Rachel Jefferies Mixed Media Challenge | March 2023 **Closed**

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by cfile, Mar 3, 2023.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome to March and a new Rachel Jefferies Mixed Media Challenge!

Thank you to all who participated in February's challenge. Your pages were wonderful!!! Please help me congratulate @elseepe as our winner of the February 2023 Mixed Media Challenge. For those of you who participated, your discount coupons will be coming in the next day or two, so please watch your inboxes and thank you so much for your patience!

March's Challenge will be building on what we have have done in January and February in regards to creating a Multi-Photo Mixed Media page. Aly gave some great tips for January 2023's Challenge in regards to placement of photos using the rule of thirds. In February, Jaye challenged us to make a mixed media page using two or more photos (see February 2023 challenge).

This month, we will be using multi-photos too, but we will be doing it in a recipe style format. Let's have some fun!

For me, I tend to lean more towards being a one photo scrapper. Sometimes, there may be only one perfect photo I want to use on my page, but want to focus on different aspects of the photo, and that works well for a multi-photo page. One way to do that is to duplicate the photo and crop out a different area to make it bigger and more pronounced for your page. So it is one photo, but multiple areas of the photo being focused on. Another is to use the same photo and perhaps blend one photo into the background and then frame a smaller version of the same photo. Other times though, I will take a few photos of an event and make a multi-photo page using 2 or more photos to tell the story.

Of course whichever way you choose to make your multi-photo page will be fine as long as you follow the recipe. Just as in cooking or baking, we all follow a recipe and it turns out a little different when we create it to our taste, so that is what we are going to do this month.

Ingredients (instructions):
    two or more photos (can be the same photo cropped in different ways too)
    2. two or more papers (the two papers can be blended together to create your own background)
    3. date
    4. doodles, paint and/or messy marks (not counted towards cluster items)
    5. for each photo you have on your page, including those blended into your paper, you must have a cluster of at least 4 elements touching the photos (premade clusters are not allowed)
    6. add a word art (and or journal prompts)
    7. journaling is optional

***To help us (and if it is not obvious) please advise of papers blended and items in cluster if we cannot "count" at least 4 elements per photo.***

I really enjoyed making my page:

[​IMG]

[The kit I used for my page is Carefully Curated : Wake Up With A Purpose Singature Kit. As you can see, I am using 3 photos. 1 large photo blended into the background. 2nd photo is the crop of the horse from the blended photo, and the 3rd photo is just another photo taken the same day of the other horses. I blended 2 papers WUWAP mmpp 07 & WUWAP bb06. Each of the photos (including the blended photo) has clusters of at least 4 elements each.]

Challenge Requirements:

* Create a new scrapbook layout or creative project using at least 75% of Rachel's Product. * The other 25% must contain product from another current TLP designer.
    * The product can be currently available in the TLP Shop or be retired products from Rachel or a current designer.
    * Templates are NOT allowed for this challenge, this is for you to practice setting up a multi photo page from scratch.
    * Hybrid projects are also welcome and the same product rules apply. Where digital products are used in a hybrid Project they must all come from current The LilyPad designers and at least 75% must be Rachel's Product.
    * Use Two or more photos on your page or project.
    * Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at TLP with your product credits.
    * For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST upload your finished layout to this thread. Please link your thread to your gallery image as it helps us leave love on your layout (and validate your project).
    * No double-dipping… your layout must be created for this challenge only, no others. You must create a NEW layout for this challenge.
    * This challenge will remain open until March 31st, 2023.

Prizes and other important notes:

* All participants who post their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meet the criteria will be eligible for a coupon of 15% off their next order (from Rachel's shop) of $10 or more.
    * ONE lucky random winner who posts their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meets the criteria will receive an $8.00 coupon for Rachel's Shop here at the LilyPad!
    * Complete ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at the LilyPad in 2023 for a chance to enter her Annual Draw. The first drawn winner will be offered a three month Guest Gig on her Creative Team and the second drawn winner will receive a $20 coupon to her shop here at the LilyPad!
    * In order to be eligible for the annual drawings for the Guest Gig or the $20 Coupon to Rachel's shop you will need to do the following:
    * Complete ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at the LilyPad in 2023 by December 31, 2023 by 1159 PM PDT. (Featured Product Challenges and Hear My Voice Challenges are excluded from the tracker and annual draw).
    * Post the challenge layout in the appropriate challenge month thread for Rachel's Jefferies Mixed Media Challenges. We will keep an accumulative list for you in each months Challenge thread to make this easier. For example: Your January Challenge layout must be posted in the January Challenge thread and linked back to the gallery --even if you complete it in November, it must still be posted in the January Thread).
    * Complete your tracker form with links to each challenge layout by December 31, 2023 by 1159 PM PDT.
    * Note: for the annual drawings, challenge pages will be accepted for individual challenges after the actual challenge month and the end of month deadlines have both passed.
    * In order to qualify for the monthly winners coupon draw of $8 and the participation coupon you must complete the challenge during the challenge month by the end of month deadline as stated in each challenge thread.
    * Find your 2023 Tracker Submission Form Here
    * Past Challenges are here: JAN 2023 | FEB 2023

If you have any questions about the Challenge please tag me. Rachel is available for any questions about the new Prize Set up or Tracking @Rachel Jefferies

===============================
    Here are additional pages from Rachel's Creative Team (Thanks girls :) )

From Geraldine:

[​IMG]

From Marijke:
    [​IMG]

From Aly:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    umyesh, Angela Toucan and ajm like this.
  2. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Congrats @elseepe :cheer and thank you for the fun recipe style challenge!

[​IMG]

Thuria and cfile like this.
  3. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

@elseepe congrats and thank you Christa for this challenge!

[​IMG]

4. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Congratulations @elseepe.
    Thank you for the challenge Christa.

My page for the credits

[​IMG]

Thuria and cfile like this.
  5. lm44west

lm44west All You Need is Ice Cream

6. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Thank you. Exciting to see the alert when I logged in this evening. Looking forward to Completing the March challenge.

cfile likes this.
  7. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

This was challenging!
    Background photo: ribbon, leaves, tape and tag
    Middle photo: paperpiece, flair, tape, hearts cut out
    Right photo: thread, red flower, keys, staples
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  8. KarenK

KarenK Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the challenge
    I am using no less than 6 papers
    Clusters are made with 5 elements (2 leaves, 2 flowers, and a triangle paper cut) Because I am using 3 photos, I repeated the cluster for each one.
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  9. Scrap by Irre

Scrap by Irre Well-Known Member

10. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

11. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

12. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Thanks for this challenge Christa :) Took some time to count everything I've on it :D
    Two white paper blended together.
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  13. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

14. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I had no idea where to go with this challenge. All photos I had ... no inspiration. Then I started looking through my Rachel stash, and saw this journal prompt. Yup! That's were I'm going. I think I got it all right. I've used 3 papers, a white background with two patterned papers blended into it.

[​IMG]

cfile and Thuria like this.
  15. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

16. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Here is mine. I used Inglewood bb3 and mmpp5 blended for my background papers.
    blended photo cluster: paper piece, paint swatch, messy thread, paper flower, flower
    left photo: frame, branch, 3 flowers, word strip, stitching, petal scatter
    right photo: frame, ticket, scatter, 2 flowers
    messy marks are recolored to white
    a few journaling strips (I can pull one away from a cluster if needed)

This was fun, but I had to tweak a couple of things after re-reading the requirements before posting . . .

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  17. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Beautiful LO, Christa! I loved making mine:
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  18. tiffany scraps

tiffany scraps still plays outside

Thanks for the fun challenge.
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.