Rachel Jefferies June 2023 Mixed Media challenge *closed*

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Annsofie, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

Hello!

This month we will be focusing on journaling prompts, but first let’s congratulate @nollipap as the winner of the May 2023 Mixed Media challenge! Thank you to all that played along! Those who participated, please watch your inboxes for your discount coupons. They will be coming in the next day or so, and thank you for your patience!

******* Rachel Jefferies June 2023 Mixed Media Challenge *******

Those of you who kindly participated in Rachel's feedback survey for our Challenge Programme gave us feedback that you'd like more scrapbooking and journaling prompts and that you were having a hard time coming up with ideas to scrap and would like more prompts.

This months challenge is to use one of the following prompts I've put together for you which hopefully will help to ignite your creativity a little, give you an idea of what you can create about and get you get an extra page scrapped this month.

Consider the following list of prompts for this month's challenge and use one or more to create your page:
    • Re-visit Rachel's scrapbooking kits in your stash. Maybe you might want to re-visit a favourite, the Kits you haven't created with yet, or the last few you may have purchased. Rachel always adds a bunch of journal prompts in her kits and it’s a goldmine for creative ideas. Here are a few examples
    C7C5637B-D4A5-4F1E-BDB5-336197110BFE.jpeg

371B4A43-4454-46E0-A3D6-CB650377AD1C.jpeg

3DB4EDB4-C4DA-4802-8DC4-014754184717.jpeg

B76A5FEE-4B26-4869-BFFF-8400193F9664.jpeg

• You can also check out Rachel's Pinterest Boards which are packed with all things creative, there are sure to be lots of theme or journal prompts here that will give you many creative ideas.
    • Visit Rachel's Gallery here at the Lilypad which at the time of drafting this challenge has almost 950 pages full of layouts made with her products! A never ending source of prompts for your creativity.
    If you are the type of scrapbooker who prefers to choose their photo first consider:
    • Taking a photo at 6 pm and journal about that moment in time
    • Tell a childhood memory but with a recent taken photo/photos
    • Seek out a photo where you are able to tell a story that describes the similarities or the differences of now & then.
    • Sometimes the anticipation for a moment can be as important as the actual moment. Tell the story of what you are looking forward to most this month.
    Here is my take on the challenge. I chose to tell a childhood memory with a recent taken photo with the Every Last Minute collection.

[​IMG]

Challenge Requirements:
    • Use one or more of the prompts provided to create a new scrapbook layout or creative project.
    • Use at least five different embellishments on your page, one must be some kind of word art/journal prompt element.
    • Add a little journaling, as little or as much as you'd like.
    • Rachel's templates are allowed for this challenge but not required.
    • Photos are optional!
    • Use at least 75% of Rachel's Product. Any remaining percentage must be product from anothercurrent TLP designer.
    • The product can be currently available in the TLP Shop or be retired products from Rachel or a current TLP designer.
    • Hybrid projects are also welcome and the same product rules apply. Where digital products are used in a hybrid project they must all come from current The LilyPad designers, and at least 75% must be Rachel's Product.
    • Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at TLP with your product credits.
    • For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST upload your finished layout to this thread. Please link your gallery image to your post in this thread, as it helps us leave love on your layout (and validate your project).
    • No double-dipping… your layout must be created for this challenge only, no others. You must create a NEW layout for this challenge.
    • This challenge will remain open for the monthly coupons until June 30, 2023.
    Prizes and other important notes:
    • All participants who post their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meet the criteria will be eligible for a coupon of 15% off their next order (from Rachel's shop) of $10 or more.
    • ONE lucky random winner who posts their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meets the criteria will receive an $8.00 coupon for Rachel's Shop here at The LilyPad!
    • Complete ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at The LilyPad in 2023 for a chance to enter her Annual Draw. The first drawn winner will be offered a three month Guest Gig on her Creative Team and the second drawn winner will receive a $20 coupon to her shop here at The LilyPad!
    • In order to be eligible for the annual drawings for the Guest Gig or the $20 coupon to Rachel's shop, you will need to do the following:
    • Complete ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at the LilyPad in 2023 by December 31, 2023 by 11:59 PM PDT. (Featured Product Challenges and Hear My Voice Challenges are excluded from the tracker and annual draw).
    • Post the challenge layout in the appropriate challenge month thread for Rachel's Jefferies Mixed Media Challenges. We will keep an accumulative list for you in each month's challenge thread to make this easier. For example: Your January Challenge layout must be posted in the January Challenge thread and linked back to the gallery --even if you complete it in November, it must still be posted in the January Thread).
    • Complete your tracker form with links to each challenge layout by December 31, 2023 by 11:59 PM PDT.
    • Note: for the annual drawings, challenge pages will be accepted for individual challenges after the actual challenge month and the end of month deadlines have both passed.
    • In order to qualify for the monthly winners coupon draw of $8 and the participation coupon you must complete the challenge during the challenge month by the end of month deadline as stated in each challenge thread.
    • Find your 2023 Tracker Submission Form Here
    • Past Challenges are here: JAN 2023 | FEB 2023 | MAR 2023 | APRIL 2023 | MAY 2023
    If you have any questions about the challenge please tag me. Rachel is also available for any questions about the new prize set up or tracking at @Rachel Jefferies

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
    Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. Annsofie

Here are two layouts created by Rachel’s Creative Team members.
    The first one is by @ajm and she told the story of what she’s looking forward to most this coming month.

[​IMG]

The second one is from @Dady and she has scrapped a childhood memory with a recent taken photo.

6115FD7D-E825-49EB-86E9-F2E40FC168F2.jpeg

designbylime likes this.
  3. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Looks like we all used Sea Spray so far!

[​IMG]

Annsofie and Dady like this.
  4. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you Ann-sofie for this challenge !

[​IMG]

Annsofie likes this.
  5. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

My daughter who was the one I traveled with most of the time to Barcelona so this is actually her childhood memory. She said yesterday she wished we could go there again just the two of us :)
    [​IMG]

Annsofie likes this.
  6. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

I started with documenting yesterday at 6:00 pm. I also used journaling prompts from Whatever the Weather.

[​IMG]

Annsofie likes this.
  7. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

8. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I used Eden
    [​IMG]

Annsofie likes this.
  9. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

10. triplejdesigns

triplejdesigns Well-Known Member

I went with a childhood memory and current photo of my younger brother.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    Annsofie likes this.
  11. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Thank you for this challenge. I started with the prompt that says "I'm somewhere between losing my mind and finding my soul", since it's really where I'm at right now. And then I just kept going ...

[​IMG]

Annsofie likes this.
  12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for inspiring this page @Annsofie . I went through my older kits and was inspired by a word piece in the All the Little Joys mixed media artistry pack. I found a family photo from when the children were younger, and wrote the journaling from the perspective of looking back knowing how fast my children have grown.
    [​IMG]

Annsofie likes this.
  13. Annsofie

Lovely pages so far! Thank you all!

14. nollipap

nollipap Well-Known Member

I love this photo of my mum and me, it reminds me of my children learning to take those first steps and all the other steps I have taken throughout my life ♥
    [​IMG]

Annsofie likes this.
  15. Annsofie

There are still some time left to join the challenge. Great pages so far! :heartlub

16. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Thank You! for another very interesting challenge...Considering...I almost never take photos of myself...This was outside my normal per view for creating pages...It has taken me quite a long time to create my page...& to be able to come here & post & talk about my experiences enclosed therein...

***MY VERY SENSITIVE & PERSONAL STORY ABOUT GRIEF & CANCER***
    ***STOP HERE IF YOU NEED TO DO SO***

*I haven't been around much this month for personal reasons...:(:(:(:( ...*

I have been grieving the sudden loss of my beloved husband Ray...of 26 years...

This has been the hardest time of my life...I thought I knew what pain was...Having gone through so much physical pain in my life...along with recovering from my near fatal accident back in November of last year...From which I am still struggling...My husband took ill & fell at our apartment & I had to call an ambulance for him...We had no idea he was so seriously ill...He was in the hospital for 9 days...& he passed away...I still can't believe how quickly things had progressed...Ray spent his last days in Palliative Care at the hospital...Knowing what I know now...I was lucky that I had as much time with him as I did...Watching him get sicker was a grueling experience for me...All I did was cry...I was his wife & I would always be there for him...Just like he was always there for me...Long days & nights at the hospital...Sitting in a wheel chair...Holding his hand...Talking to him...Singing to him...Praying with him...Cleaning his face & so on...He was in a lot of pain...It hurt me so much to see him like that...They kept him comfortable so he wasn't in pain anymore...His last days were excruciating for me,my Dad & the rest of his family & friends...Some couldn't come anymore because they couldn't bare to see him like that...he passed in his sleep...& the only peace & solace I got was knowing he wasn't gonna suffer anymore...I miss him so much it hurts...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]...I am balling as I write this here now...

Knowing how much Ray suffered in has last days...And how much difficulty I'm in personally on top of my grieving....I have to find a new place to live because I can't stay here....We live on the 3rd floor & I have severe difficulty just walking up & down the stairs...I now have permanent Neuropathy in my legs & feet...IE : Pain & swelling for the rest of my life...My neck & arm will never be the same & will always hurt also & not function as they once did...I can't get to the laundry here on the 1st floor...I can't carry the laundry & hold on to the side of the stairs...We don't have a proper railing there...My brother has been helping me right now...& my Dad & mother-in-law have gone the extra mile for me...Getting to the grocery store is difficult also...I need a better solution for these challenges & so many more...I only have enough funds for probably 2 or 3 months rent...Not sure yet...I'm worried I will be kicked out into the street...All I do is fill out Gov't paper work & talk to Social workers & so on...I still don't have any definitive answers on anything yet...I'm literally terrified...I will run out of money eventually...For food,the power bill & for my medications & so on...I have never been so scared,sad,mad,angry,confused,shocked...all at the same time...

1. I took this picture at 6:00 P.M. On June 9th...The day my beloved Ray passed away...[as per the rules of this challenge] & Journaled about how I was feeling at that moment in time...[and still do] ...You can visibly see...how red & messed up...my face was from all the crying I did that day & many other days before...My hands literally shook as I took these pictures...

2. I used more than 5 Embellishments & I used 4 word art elements from several of Rachel's collections...that I hadn't used that much or some newly acquired ones that I hadn't used yet...

*I actually created 2 different layouts for this challenge...The other one goes into more details about my story...But because I added a lot of extra items...may not qualify for this challenge...I may post that one at a later date in my gallery...but for now...I'm going to post this layout for this challenge...

***Creating these kinds of pages is very difficult & hard to read...alone post...It has taken me this long to get the nerve or myself together enough to be able to just write this post & upload...***

My Grief : Layout

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
    Annsofie likes this.
  17. stephc777

stephc777 Active Member

Annsofie likes this.
  18. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    Annsofie likes this.
  19. AnotherAmanda