Rachel Jefferies JAN 2020 Mixed Media Challenge + DEC '19 Winners

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by Rachel Jefferies, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

:banana:clap

Happy New Year!!

Our December '19 winners are @Electra $10 and @bjc $6, I'll get those coupons to you asap!!

I hope everyone is well and if you can stomach another challenge this month amongst all of the Month of Challenges excitement my team and I are back to help you get your Mixed Media scrapbooking groove on!

Jan 2020 Challenge

Each month we will host a different Mixed Media Challenge, for Jan we're going to start with a nice simple scrap lifting challenge. Browse Digital Art, Hybrid and Digital Scrapbooking Layouts by Me and the Captivating Sistas (my creative team - past and present) here and scrap lift one of our pages :)

And whilst you're looking at all the yummy inspiration on our Pinterest boards don't forget to follow me for more Rachel Jefferies and Mixed Media related goodness, you can see all of my boards here!

rjefferies-janscreenshot.jpg

Challenge Requirements:

• Show us which Creative Team Layout Inspired you when you post your page here. You may use the inspiration however you wish, the composition, the colour scheme, the technique etc.
    • Where possible challenge layouts must use 100% of Rachel Jefferies Designs currently available in the TLP store (Collaborations including my Mixed Media Monthly Subscription Kits and Add Ons are also ok!). The exception to this is retired products that were previously for sale at TLP which can be used. A few elements here or there from other products that were previously available prior to Rachel's retirement or freebies may also be used.
    • Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at TLP.
    • For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST reply to this thread with your finished layout. Please link your thread layout to your gallery.
    • I'd like to see brand new pages, so no double-dipping with other challenges :).
    • The challenge will be open through January 31st at which time a random participant will win a $10 coupon to Rachel's shop. The winner will be announced when Febs challenge is posted.
    New Release bonus entries

It feels great to scrap with fresh new releases, if you are scrapping with a product released during Jan 2020 (either a new release or a SOSN release) you'll get yourself a bonus entry for another chance to win a coupon should you not be the $10 coupon winner. One winner from the bonus entries will be picked from random to win a $6 coupon to Rachel's shop.

**It would be helpful when posting your page in this thread that you note you are eligible for the New Release Bonus Entry. Please post which January 2020 New Release (or SOSN release) you used. This would make it faster for me cross checking all the entries when making the random draw for winners!

Any questions just tag me @Rachel Jefferies and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I am so looking forward to seeing what you all create this month. Happy scrapping!

I was inspired by Marilyn's @mcurtt layout. I used the composition as inspiration along with bits of the colour scheme and some of the products she used.

[​IMG]

And here is my Page

[​IMG]

mcurtt, Angela Toucan and A-M like this.
  2. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Here's the layout I scraplifted

2c4e832d424ce7329763ec9a56ea0077.jpg

and here's mine
    [​IMG]

3. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

4. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I've lifted this layout by @Ga_L
    [​IMG]

Here is my layout:
    [​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies and mcurtt like this.
  5. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I lifted this lovely page by @caapmun and I did not realise until after I finished she had used a template so I hope that is okay.
    [​IMG]
    here my my page:
    [​IMG]

6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for running this challenge Rachel.
    I was inspired by the subject and the wordstrip on this layout by @tammybean004 to art journal a page to remind me to take time ans stop on those days when life gets to overwhelming with too much to think about or process at once.
    [​IMG]
    this is my page
    [​IMG]

7. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

I've lifted this layout by @Ga_L
    [​IMG]

my inspiration

[​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies, mcurtt and Ga_L like this.
  8. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I plan to scraplift this one by Ga_L since I'm always fond of anything that has a story!

[​IMG]

One of the stories for me is always to believe and not doubt. I have created this layout in that spirit.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

10. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Congrats @Electra Congrats @bjc !!!

Here's my attempt at scraplifting one of Lisa's. Maybe one day I'll get the shadows right. Her's are perfection.
    [​IMG]

Here is Lisa's page:
    [​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies and Electra like this.
  11. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

OH, OH, OH! How exciting, thank you!!!:byay:byay:byay:byay:byay:byay:byay

redplaid3 and mcurtt like this.
  12. lm44west

lm44west All You Need is Ice Cream

Here is mine. I copied a boy with his dog. My photo is of five of our six cats in bed with us.

49c80f671519cc548998ff959711d92f.jpg

[​IMG]

13. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

I'm in. I'll be back here. I chose Tammy Z's It's all Messy layout
    [​IMG]
    here is my take on this fabulous layout
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Rachel Jefferies likes this.
  14. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hey There! Everyone!...No Matter How Many Other Challenges I Am Trying To Master For MOC8...I Will Always Have Time For Rachel's Mixed Media Challenge...My Heart Is Here In Her Challenges...I've Been Struggling As Of Late With Some Of The MOC8 Challenges...It's Just The Beginning Of A New Year & My Health Struggles Have Been Astronomical Already...It's Really Disheartening...I Have Been Distracted By This...I Needed To Get Back To My First Love...Mixed Media/Art Journaling...This Challenge Was The Right One At The Right Moment...

I Was Really Inspired By All The Amazing Layouts There To Scraplift...But I Kept Going Back To The Same One Over & Over...I Know This Layout Is Outstanding...& Trying To Scraplift This One Was Certainly Not For The Faint Of Heart...But Your Heart Goes Where It Wants To Go & Mine Went There...For Me...Scraplifting This Layout Was Like 3 MOC8 Challenges All Wrapped-Up In One...For Real...It Took Me A Long While To Figure Out Exactly How I Wanted To Present This Layout & How I Was Gonna Execute It Properly...I Changed A Lot Of The Layout Along The Way...But In The End I Am Really Happy With It & Feel Like My Mojo May Be Back...Hopefully...Because I'm 2 Days Behind In The MOC8 Layouts Now...Either Way...This Is The AMAZING!!! Beast Of A Layout That I Decided To Scraplifted...Hopefully I Did It Some Justice...:Halfway By @ArmyGrl

[​IMG]

To Create My Metamorphosis Layout-I Used:

*Mixed Media Monthly-October 2019-Overcome/Deepest/Fears-Rachel Jefferies
    *Mixed Media Monthly-March 2019-Books/Imaginary/Escape-Rachel Jefferies
    *Fear Not-Bundle-Rachel Jefferies
    *Silent Battles:Stress-Bundle-Rachel Jefferies
    *All New-Mixed Media Artistry-Rachel Jefferies

Here's My Metamorphosis Scraplift:Hopefully You Can See The Inspiration:
    To Explain Each Choice...Would Take Another Paragraph...So I'm Gonna Leave It Open To Your Interpretation...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    mcurtt likes this.
  15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Here's the layout I lifted. I was inspired by the small, framed picture and the darkness under it. Also the red/orange accents.
    [​IMG]

Here's my lift.

[​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies and flowersgal like this.
  16. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Because I didn't get enough MOC over the weekend :happydance2

I made this:
    [​IMG]

My inspiration came from @caapmun :
    [​IMG]

17. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I chose this one by @mcurtt:
    [​IMG]

And here is my take. Marilyn and I have shared about our yard animals, and she knows my moose' name is Frank. But I am guilty of forgetting her friend's name. :huh:hummm:spin
    I was inspired by her image and her corner cluster. But them I couldn't find the right wordart. What is the right wordart for a moose named Frank?

[​IMG]

18. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Here is my layout - qualifies for the New Release Bonus with the January 2020 BYOC Stay Close.

[​IMG]

I was inspired by this layout by @jaye:
    [​IMG]

Rachel Jefferies likes this.
  19. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

My female (no antlers) is named Evelyn. :lmao And Rachel has quite a bit of great word art for Frank in All About Him.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  20. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Rachel Jefferies and cinderella like this.