Questions about MOC3?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges - 2015' started by mrs2a50, Dec 26, 2014.

1. scrippyscrapper

scrippyscrapper Well-Known Member

I am relatively new to posting my work. I was able to get everything posted and then I got a bunch of comments which is awesome. My problem is that I am only able to see the first comment. I am sure this is user error on my part so I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Another user had a similar issue and we found that the culprit was a recent update to IE. Are you using Internet Explorer? If so, please try another browser and let us know if you are able to view the comments. There's some additional info here:
    https://the-lilypad.com/forums/showthread.php/34928-Can-t-see-comments

3. twomoredays

twomoredays Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

So say you started working on a layout, realized you need to do a two page layout anyway, and then realized that one page would totally work for one challenge and the other one would work for another. Is that okay? Or does a two page spread count as one layout, even if I upload each page as an individual layout? (And they are actually independent layouts I guess, just meant to go next to each other in an album.)

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

golly, I think it would be awesome to scrap for a challenge and do pages that you love, if they go together, that is like an added happy! If you haven't uploaded it...once it is upload, then you can 't reassign it to another challenge? kwim?

5. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

If each page could be a stand-alone page, and they each conform to the guidelines of individual challenges, then yes, this is okay, assuming you have not already uploaded them (as Anne mentioned)

6. twomoredays

twomoredays Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

Haven't uploaded. I'm still working on them, actually. :) Just realized that they worked perfectly for two challenges, individually.

Edit: The more I think about it, I feel like it's not in the spirit of MOC, so I'll just do another page anyway. My whole goal is to scrap all the things this month, so I'll do another page even if technically, I could count each page individually. Thanks for the quick replies.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  7. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Was reading this thread and now I would like to know if this LO is okay. I used the We Are Storytellers but an individual kit is not available for the doily, scallop and camera. Do I need to redo the LO or would my LO count as 75% current? Thanks for your help.
    [​IMG]

8. mrs2a50

Jan, it's close, but not quite. Laurie Ann has a wooden cloud in the store that is similar to your scallop, and Lynne Marie has another camera stamp that might work. I think if you replace those items, you'll be good. Thanks for policing that yourself!!

9. mrs2a50

Thanks for this. I appreciate that you're looking at it in the spirit of MOC!!

10. AnneofAlamo

oh this is the MOST wonderful quote (I totally took it in context, but wanted to showcase it by itself!).

11. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Thanks for the info on my LO. I deleted my We Are Storytellers LO and went with kits that are readily available in the store.

12. carrie

carrie I *heart* hearts!!

I think I sorta messed up my LO thread... I'll end up with 32 instead of 31 posts because I didn't put my first page in the original post. d'oh! Is this okay or does it need to be fixed? (you can see what I mean here)

13. mrs2a50

It's okay. I always look for the threads with either 31 or 32 posts at the end

14. Damayanti

Damayanti Don't make me laugh ...

I have question about count to LOs at individual threads:
    I start my first post with 1st LO.
    But when I saw in thoroughly forum MOC Layouts - I created all 10 LO's till now but there show replies 9...
    Why 9? I have 10 LOs?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  15. AnneofAlamo

Your first post does not count in the insane logarithms used in the forum...it is like a place holder and each post after that is counted...
    so actually after 31 layouts posted, you will show 30 posts. This is just to cause unnecessary stress and keep to the challenge concept of the month(tee hee)

16. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

We're thinking in posts, but it says "replies" and it means "replies" literally. The first post, like the first thing someone says in a conversation, isn't a reply.

"Hey!" Anne said.
    "What's up?" Lorry replied.

Two statements. Only one reply. :)

17. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Lorry has it exactly right :)

18. Damayanti

Damayanti Don't make me laugh ...

Thank you very much Anne and Lorry!!! :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  19. Nanascraps

Nanascraps Member

So I am wondering, do I HAVE to post layouts in both threads? Or can I post to just my layout thread? Also randomly, since I'm new to this, I've been posting in the gallery first, then linking to my layout thread. There is not another way to do this is there? Just making sure I have it right.

20. mrs2a50

You can post to just your layout thread if you want. But the $3 coupon for the individual challenges will be chosen from the challenge thread, so you will miss out on those. And yes, you are posting correctly :)