Questions about MOC3?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges - 2015' started by mrs2a50, Dec 26, 2014.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

What program are you using? I use CS5, and once my layout is complete, I flatten the layers, then resize to 72 ppi resolution and 600x600 pixels. I then save for web and devices. Does that make sense?

2. bbachand

bbachand Well-Known Member

Thank you Anne and Julie - I knew I was over complicating it!

3. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

When you go to Save For Web, you can tell it to save at 600x600 72ppi and JPG is, by definition, flattened. So you don't actually have to do those steps separately.

4. familyhistoryscrapper

familyhistoryscrapper Once upon a time there was this dragon ...

I have a question....I received Sahlin Studio's Shine Bright kit in last month's (Dec) Daily Digi files....it doesn't look like it's in the store yet since it was just part of the Daily Digi....does that mean I can't use it until it is in the store or am I allowed to use the kit for the challenges?

5. mrs2a50

EDIT TO MY ORIGINAL POST: I misspoke earlier, and will have to retract my original post - in order to keep things fair and simple, we are not going to make exceptions to the original MOC rule that says pages have to use 75% of current product (currently in the TLP store). You can use parts of Krista's kit, but only if the page is 75% current product. I apologize for any misunderstandings!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  6. familyhistoryscrapper

familyhistoryscrapper Once upon a time there was this dragon ...

Thank you :)

7. mrs2a50

Please see the edit I just made to my original post, stating that we're not going to allow anything not currently in the TLP store. I apologize for my error!

8. hiddennhim

hiddennhim Active Member

I have tried posting to both my layout thread and the #2 challenge thread this afternoon and both times I received a message that said my posts had to be approved by a moderator. I did not get this message last night when I posted for challenge #1. Did I do something wrong?

9. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

You're fine! Sorry for the inconvenience...it's just a automatic spam prevention tool we have in place for image posting. Once you get a few more text-only posts on your account, you will no longer be moderated. The best way to get those post counts up is to hop over to the gallery and leave some comments. :)

10. hiddennhim

hiddennhim Active Member

I can do that! Thank you!! It took me a few tries and mess ups last night to get my pages to show up so I just wanted to make sure I didn't black list myself! :)

11. tw1717

tw1717 Pretty in Pink

Well I have bought twice today BYOC items to stock up my TLP stash! Love the BYOC this month!!!

12. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

I understand we have to use kits from the store, and I have bought some of the awesome new kits, but I wondered if we could use the "Currently" freebie, as im noticing some designers now have their parts of this freebie on sale in the store? Id love to be able to use this kit more often!

13. mrs2a50

You can use the pieces that are now up in the store.

14. zanthia

zanthia CT - Kate Hadfield

that is great for me - wish more would place previous freebies in store

15. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

How come my thread of layouts isn't pink on the menu selection? Is it okay? Is it because I put an * in front of my name:
    *redplaid3 so I could find it easier?

16. ArisaMinamoto

ArisaMinamoto Crazy for Coffee

@redplaid3

i saved my page as a favorite in my chrome browser. i think its the easiest way.

17. Jen

Jen I believe in patterns & conspiracies!

Could be because it's your own thread.

18. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I actually have my layout posts as a tab on my TLP folder, it makes for easy peasy posting...and your MOC post *redplaid* is the only one you have read, so it is not the same color of the ones you haven't read...we do code here...tee hee!

19. mrs2a50

I'm on my iPad right now so I can't confirm but I think the color differences in the threads indicate read and unread. If it's your thread there won't be any unread messages for you to see. It's all good. I will still count your pages at the end!! :)

20. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Thanks everybody for the help!