Question re: coupon expiration and the retirement sale

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by bonnenuit, Mar 23, 2020.

1. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Participants of the recent slow scrap received a store coupon that expires 3/31. It states not good during store wide sales. The retirement sale goes through 3/31. Are we able to use our coupon or not?

2. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

If I'm not mistaken, retirement sales aren't considered store wide sales (like on DSD etc.), so you'll be able to use the coupon.

3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@mrs2a50 I think that the Retiring Products Sale is not storewide, so the coupon should still be active and available for use (but maybe not on Retiring Products?). Can you confirm?

4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Here is what I have done before. Put the item you are considering in your cart and go to View Cart. Note the total. Enter the code and see if the discount shows. If it does work, head to check-out. If not, delete everything from your cart, which will release the code to be tried again on something else. Or at least that is how it has worked for me in the past.

5. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I *believe* the coupons should still work

gonewiththewind likes this.
  6. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Okay, thanks, I'll give it a try. The phrase "not good during store wide sales" was bolded, I thought for a reason.