question about brushes and PS CS5

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by ad77, Jun 9, 2021.

1. ad77

ad77 Well-Known Member

I have just bought Urban Instilled by Rebecca McMeen and I´m not able to install brushes. It says that it´s not compatible with my version of PS. I have PS CS5.1, that´s quite old one:-), but I have never had problems with any brush, so I´m surprised. Has anyone the same problem?

2. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

Have you tried contacting Rebecca? She might know more about it, and will help solve your problem.

3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

if the brushes are made bigger than the 2500 pixel size for CS5 that is why there might be a problem. Older versions of PS (not CC) can only accept brushes up to 2500 pixels while CC the max brush size is 5000 . I agree with Olga @zinzilah to check with Rebecca (via Tangie) @Tangie Baxter to see if that is the issue.

ETA: I pulled up the sidewalk Crack brushes and that seems to be the case.. there are 2 brushes in the file larger than 2500 pixels. I have CC so my size limit is 5000 and therefore I have no issues. Perhaps Tangie can get the brush sets fixed for you, otherwise you can use the pngs and create your own brushes. Let me know if you need help creating your own brush in PS. (Tangie is Rebecca's daughter and usually posts stuff for Rebecca)

upload_2021-6-9_8-15-8.png

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    bestcee and Karen like this.
  4. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

I wonder, are the images bigger than 2,500 pixels on one side. I know that with older versions of PS it will only support brushes of 2,500 pixels or less, whereas newer versions of PS allow us to create brushes as large as 5000px but they are not compatible in older versions. I know that doesn't solve your problem, but it may be the cause of it :-)

bestcee, Karen and cfile like this.
  5. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

oops, me and Christa were typing at the same time :hehe

bestcee and Karen like this.
  6. cfile

LOL Great minds.. I think that is what the problem is Rachel, as 2 brushes in the one file are larger than 2500 pixels :)

Rachel Jefferies likes this.
  7. ad77

ad77 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Rachel and Christa for help, it looks that is the problem. But it´s funny, I was thinking about possible problems with newer styles or actions, as I came back to digiscrap after ages with this ancient version of PS:-), but I wouldn´t have thought there may be a problem with brushes too :). I see you have marked Tangie, so I´ll wait. But anyway - I can use pngs or make the brushes from pngs myself, it´s OK, I was just wandering where the problem was.

cfile likes this.
  8. cfile

Glad I could help and that was the issue. Let me know if I can help you with
    Anything else :)