PSE Stuck in Caps Lock

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by GlazeFamily3, Aug 8, 2019.

1. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

My PSE 13 is stuck in caps lock and I have tried several things to get it turned off with no luck. This is ONLY happening in PSE and not in other programs.

- restarted PSE
    - went to edit > preferences > general > type and clicked reset and then restarted again

I really don't even know what else to try. Can anyone help?

UPDATE: of course as soon as I posted this, I DID get in unstuck by hitting CTRL + shift + Y. However, now the spacing is messed up between the letters. I am trying to use a script font where each letter normally touches and now there is a big gap between each letter. PSE just has it in for me today.

SECOND UPDATE: so, every time I create a new text box I am having to hit CTRL + shift + Y to be able to type in lowercase letters. AND, I think something about that is what is messing up the spacing between the letters. ANY help is appreciated. I am going crazy.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    keepscrappin likes this.
  2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

You may need to reset your PSE preferences and I'd restart the pc as well. Go to Edit>Preferences>General and click on Reset Preferences on next launch and then shutdown and restart.

3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

You also may want to start a new file or open up a file/template that you know has good font settings. I seem to remember that helping someone in the past.

cfile likes this.
  4. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I've had this happen to me before and I found this tip which worked.

Restart PSE
    Hold down ctrl/alt/shift.
    Keep holding until program asks to delete settings files

5. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

THIS! I opened a PSD file I had made with good font settings and it reverted it back for me. YAY for my PSE working as it should once again.

Karen, bestcee, AJK and 1 other person like this.
  6. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Anytime the font gets wonky in PSE I do this :) I think you suggested it the last time someone had the issue.. I want to say it was Desi too with the font being up in the text box... anyway it seems like @GlazeFamily3 is fixed now :) YAY

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

I know in PS CC you have to show the character panel and uncheck the little TT. Drove me nuts until I figured this out. Not sure about PSE.

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

PSE doesn't have this unfortunately! It fixes a lot of my issues!

DivaMom96 likes this.
  9. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

And just yesterday I needed to get rid of All Caps. Thank god for this thread! and I'm on PSE2019 so I take it Adobe has never found this issue to matter.