PSCC Users... Saved for Web?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by tkradtke, Jan 15, 2019.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Hi! New PSCC user here :-)

I have always used Saved for Web for my gallery copy with my previous versions of PS. I tried using the legacy Saved for Web that I found under export, but I'm finding that my pages are looking a little "fuzzy". How do you save for web? And if you use the legacy feature, what are your settings?

Thanks!

2. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

I use the legacy settings:

jpg high - quality 60 - optimized

image size 600 x 600

tkradtke likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@tkradtke

I use my Save For Web action.

[​IMG]

I have a keyboard shortcut for the FILE>EXPORT>SAVE FOR WEB (LEGACY). Once at the SAVE FOR WEB screen, my document is already sized at 600x600 because of the action, so I just click the hamburger (4 horizontal lines at the top left of the window) and choose OPTIMIZE TO FILE SIZE and input 250K as my desired size. Once I do that, most layouts will remain on HIGH with a varied QUALITY (the last one had a quality of 78).

Here's a screen shot of the SAVE FOR WEB window:

SAVEFORWEBLEGACY.JPG

tkradtke and bestcee like this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I use Paislee Press's action.
    I set up an action that saves my page at printable jpeg, then runs the action above.
    Like Cheryl, I then use the hamburger button to adjust to 250k.

tkradtke likes this.
  5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I have never heard of the hamburger button before.... :giggle It will stick now.

bestcee and SeattleSheri like this.
  6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

This may not be CC but your new and totally awesome computer, Tracie. When I got my new (not as awesome but still pretty rad) laptop, CC seemed to make my LOs "fuzzy." But when they're viewed on the web by anyone else, they seem fine. I guess it's the awesome monitor? IDK. Anyway, I have an action that resizes stuff to 600x600 and sharpens using the Unsharp Mask (settings: 25%; radius 1 pixel; threshold 4). Then I use FILE>EXPORT>EXPORT AS. Then I choose JPEG as my file type and I move the Quality slider until I get the file size to 250 (or a little under)--that's usually about 85%. (Quality is right under Format, which is the top File Settings option).

bestcee, tkradtke and jk703 like this.
  7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Yes, I had this issue... I think my screen is 4K. I think @jenn mccabe had this same issue! I forgot about that! I upload and then when I get to work the next day, It looks clear.

bestcee, tkradtke and Tree City like this.
  8. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Thanks so much for all of the help! I'm working my way through your suggestions now!

9. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Yup! welcome to 4K land! :) :dizzy

It's good and .... it's kinda bad! :giggle Don't strain your eyes too much! You'll end up with a headache and frustrated.

Tree City and bestcee like this.