Project Life - snag #1

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by purpleplasticpurse, Jan 9, 2012.

1. purpleplasticpurse

purpleplasticpurse purpleplasticpurse

so i'm all pumped up about Project Life right....

i happen to have these old albums i've been hoarding for ages w/ 4x6 slots and loads of pages in them...

so i creative part of my title page and go to put them into the album....

the slots are NOT 4x6 they are some other ginormo size!!! i was so *DOH*! what a let down....

So today i hit the store for a quick fix and picked up a new album and some plastics w/ 4x6 slots til i can get my hands on some of the other becky ones.

i'm EXCITED to finally get my title page done! hahaha i'm just a HAIR behind... :P

uh... that 'tis all..... <3 :whistle

2. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

Ah man, I hate it when I'm all excited about something and then hit a snag!
    I wonder what the sizes of those other page protectors you've got are? It seems weird they're not 4x6?

3. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

This happened to me too. I preprinted a bunch of small cards from my favorite digi designers and embellished them up so I would have a stash of completed ones to start my 2012 album. When the new protectors came, the small cards are a true 3 x 4 now (unlike 2011) so my cards are too small. Grrrrrr. I am still getting over it.

Just roll with it, Lauren! I am sure your pages will be great. :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  4. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

do share Lauren! I'm almost done my title page too! This is so much fun :)

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Whoops! That really stinks. I hope yours come soon.

6. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

How annoying, Lauren! But yay for the new shopping! :)

They still aren't quite 3 yet though - I printed out some 3x4 but had to trim them on the short side. I say you should use them anyway, since they are smaller, and not bigger - that would have been more of a problem!

7. Krisi616

Krisi616 New Member

Mount them on paper that is a little bigger.

8. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

so fun! When do we get to SEE!?!?!?

9. purpleplasticpurse

i still need to print photos to stick in, but i'll def take pics when it's good to go!

OH and i realized that i'm a COMPLETE idiot...... long story short... i'm working on my new Mac dh got me for Xmas and i'm not used to it yet... printing is no exception.... i click to print my file, but it doesn't ask me for any info.. so somehow it's taking my normal file and strinking it a bit (a bit more than 1/2 inch on each side... but i can't figure out how to make it NOT do that! ugh! I'll prob have to run the file through my reg. laptop or send the files out for printing til i can figure what's up.

so yes, please pass me the dunce cap! (pink though please.....)

xo

10. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

Wait. They changed the size of the pockets?! ARGH!

ETA: Have they changed the size of the grid journaling cards too then? The new products aren't available here yet so I am trying to work out how I am going to start working on this project without the right stuff!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  11. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

I hit a snag too...sent my first week's pictures to shutterfly/target Sunday afternoon. And when I went to Target to pick them up, I was told there was an issue with Shutterfly orders, and their machine was broken. So no pictures for me. I was soooooooooo disappointed. I am going to try again this afternoon. Wish me luck!

12. purpleplasticpurse

13. MelissaL88

MelissaL88 foot stomping tantrum thrower

I know what you mean. When I finally decided I was going to do this, Amazon was out of Design A page protectors. Hrrumph! But, I remembered I had a few 2x3 Page protectors (2 across, 3 down all 4x6 pockets) from some WRM albums I had bought for a different project. So, I whipped out my ruler and drew lines on those protectors to make the middle row 4 3x4 pockets and then sewed on that line with my sewing machine. Voila! Design A page protector! I ordered another pack of the same protectors and sewed them up as well. So now I'm ready to go until the originals are back in stock.

14. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

Kate - yes, the 3x4 journaling cards are slightly bigger now. They're like 2.9x4...

15. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

This is brilliant Melissa!

16. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

Ooh, I am glad I know this now before I really get going! Thank you! I think I will wait to start until I can get some of the new stock - next month hopefully!

17. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

I definitely like the bigger size better. They fit into the pockets nicer and they don't move around.