project life cardstock?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by AlliJ2008, Dec 27, 2011.

1. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

It doesn't show that you need the cardstock for getting started so do I need the cardstock? Can anyone who has done Project Life before tell me how you used it? TIA!

2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I would say the cardstock is definitely optional. I did use a few bits of it in my 2011 album though. For example, I printed some 4 x 6 journaling cards and 3 x 4 custom inserts onto a it. I think it came with 12 sheets. I still have 10 left.

3. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

Okay, thanks for the quick reply Laura! I got some Amazon gift cards & I want to buy the Clementine kit but since I already have a ton of paper scrapping supplies boxed up in the garage sitting unused I don't want to buy anything I don't need right away to get started. I can always order it later if I need it.

4. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

I bought the Clementine cardstock...honestly I don't know if I will use it in my album but it was only 7.95 and it's super cute and I can definitely use it in my other crafts...plus I can't resist cute paper :D

5. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I was thinking of picking up the Clementine kit too since I got a GC too, and was wondering about the cardstock. I'm also trying to decide which of the plastic pages to get...just the pack of 60 of the one Becky uses? Is that what most of you use?

6. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

Oh, good question Debra! I need to see if I have any in my stash already then figure out what to buy. I am hoping to have time this afternoon to dig through the boxes after my 4th trip to drop off family at the airport. I want to order today if possible so I can start on the 1st.

7. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

So far I have only bought the 6x12's, the big envelopes and Design G...which is everything that doesn't come in the big variety pack...I am waiting to see how much that will be before I pick up the rest of my plastics....I may cave and buy a single pack of A's just so I can get started since I haven't seen a release date for the variety pack yet.

By the way...I don't get why you can't buy the variety pack yet since you can buy designs A-F separately...

ETA: eek never mind looks like the A's are out of stock :(

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  8. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

ack! i know!! i was just doing my shopping too and came in to see what i should get too!!! I'm bummed the A design and 60 variety pack aren't available!!! dang it- why did i wait!

suggestions???

9. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Here's my suggestion - buy the We R Memory Keepers or American Crafts with 6 - 4 x 6 pockets. Just put two of the 3 x 4 journaling cards in each of the middle pockets until the A design comes back in. You can then reuse those 6 across on weeks where you want extra photos...

10. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

oh perfect!!!! thank you!! thank you!!

11. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

That's such a great suggestion Laura! I have a ton of the 6up 4x6 pockets as well, for extra photos.

That's too bad that the big pack of Design A page protectors is out of stock! These are the original ones and still my favorite, because most of my photos are horizontal and all the 3x4 journal cards fit into the middle sections. I like the other types of page protectors for extra pages, but my main one I always use Design A... because the journal cards and photos fit in there for the week.

12. simply-j-studio

simply-j-studio Member

Ditto!! And that paper is soooo fun!

13. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i didn't buy the cardstock. i think i'm just gonna keep it super simple.

14. emilymerritt

emilymerritt skrpbkmom

I didn't buy the cardstock either...but that's because I wanted to spend my money on all sorts of different plastics!! :)

15. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I didn't buy it. I want to print out some hybrid goodies so I don't think I need it. Plus, 12x12 paper intimidates me (I guess that's my digi side coming out! I'm more comfortable with the size of paper my printer can print on!)... :giggle

16. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I did not buy the cardstock because I want to use up some papers from my stash instead. :)