Product Request - Templates

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by busywoman139, Mar 29, 2017.

1. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Hey template designers! I love to use templates but I prefer to scrap in 8.5x11. I also like to use more than 1 photo on a page but I find that I end up using 1 photo a lot because I gravitate to simpler 12x12 templates that can be adjusted easier. I would really love to see more templates in 8.5x11 or even 9x12 so I can spend more time scrapping and less time adjusting 12x12 templates.

Thanks!!

caspad and sm_amber like this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

one thing I love to do, is to combine templates!! I love it, and that way get more photos on a page too!

busywoman139 likes this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I've been thinking of switching sizes. Where do you print your books, Sarah, @busywoman139? What made you choose to scrap that size? I have a "real" handmade scrapbook in that size... but after that mostly square of various sizes. For 8.5 x 11, I was tinkering with cropping the 12 x 12 to the size I needed. I also shrink my 12x12's a lot, which could translate for the 8.5 x 11.

Jenn also scraps that way... maybe she has ideas or know a great work around... and I can pick her brain for sizing too! @jenn mccabe

4. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

I don't use templates very often, but do scrap 8.5x11 now. If I want to use a template, I just drag it onto the smaller canvas and resize as necessary.

I switched because 1) I like the size better and 2) I can print at home now.

busywoman139 and jk703 like this.
  5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I know Lynn Grieveson has been tinkering with offering more of the rectangle size now. I usually like a clean, smaller photo/elements/etc look - with more white space page, so more often than not, I just open the 12x12 template, grab all the layers and drag them onto a new 8.5 x 11 canvas, and scale it all down to fit within the 8.5 x 11. The smaller elements and such appeal to me.
    Sometimes I pull all the layers over onto the new canvas & leave the sizing as is ... maybe I have to shift a few things. But I tend to gravitate to the simpler cleaner style templates so not sure how easy that would be if it were a heavy/busy template?

caspad and AliSarah like this.
  6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

The simple way to do what @jenn mccabe & others mean is to drag all the 12x12 layers except the blank background one to a new 8.5x11 one. Then select all the original layers from the 12" page, hit CMD/CNTRL T and resize til it fits in that 8.5x11 one. After doing that you may still want to move individual layers a bit or delete them as it can be busier and not look as good on that smaller size. It depends on how busy you like your pages - and using 'busy' tells you what my bias is! :giggle

jesskab likes this.
  7. jenn mccabe

I don't even have to do CMD/CTRL T ... I can drag and size down in one shot with PSCC. The bounding boxes are already there when you drag them over, no? What program are you using @cookingmylife ?

8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'll consider doing it, if there is more than a handful of people interested in the size. I should do a poll on my Facebook fan page and perhaps here in the forum to determine how many scrappers there are.

It does take extra time to convert to 8.5x11 particularly with my more complex and layered templates with paint layers, so I'd want to make sure the time investment was worthwhile.

AllisonPennington, sm_amber and jk703 like this.
  9. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

I should definitely do more of this @AnneofAlamo - I enjoyed that challenge during MOC!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  10. cookingmylife

@jenn mccabe PSE13 I know how to do it the drag way but I prefer the other way cause I can go back and forth easily with the percentages. I know my % preferences but sometimes I want an odd #. Also there are times that the page is really busy with layers and by selecting the layers I want, they stay 'locked' when I'm doing the Cmd -T way.

Dalis likes this.
  11. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

@jenn mccabe The bounding boxes are only there when you have the "show transform controls" box checked.

12. jenn mccabe

yes, I always leave them on, i guess that's why it is one step for me! ;)

Dalis likes this.
  13. cookingmylife

Mine are alway on too. :happydance

14. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I can consider doing it as well...but like Cheryl said I'd have to make sure the time commitment is worthwhile.

15. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I would be interested in letter-sized templates for hybrid scrapping. While I do have a wide-format printer to print 12x12 papers, I don't like to do it because it uses up so much ink. Right now, I usually use existing paper from traditional manufacturers (Crate Paper, Studio Calico, etc.) for the background and print/cut just the digital elements to build pages. I have about 15 letter-sized templates, but that's not a lot of variety.

KatrinaHunt13 and busywoman139 like this.
  16. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

Just want to add that I would love to see some more in 8.5x11 size as well. I am drawn more to that size but there is not much to choose from.

caspad likes this.
  17. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm late to this party, but I would love 8.5x11 templates too... but to complicate things, I use them in the landscape orientation. I print bound books and that's the orientation they print that size in. Right now I just select everything but the background and drag it all onto a new 8.5x11 page... moving and resizing as necessary.

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I usually scrap 12 x 12 but where 8.5 x 11 ones would really be helpful is for Christmas newsletters which I print myself. I have a few but have been using them for years and would enjoy a change. I like to include about 5 photo spots, a touch of decoration and, of course, the columns of text. Thanks for your consideration.