Product Clarification - PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'MOC 2023 - Coming Home' started by mrs2a50, Dec 29, 2022.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Hi All - I want to clarify a response I gave to question that was asked by @Pachimac in the MOC Guidelines thread for 2023. While we want to support all of our designers, MOC is strictly a TLP event. Therefore, product used for your pages must be 100% TLP product - either current or retired by our current designers. IF A PRODUCT IS CURRENTLY SOLD BY A TLP DESIGNER AT A STORE OTHER THAN TLP AND IS NOT SOLD AT TLP, IT CANNOT BE USED FOR MOC. If it is sold in both stores, you can use it. This is different than the response I originally gave; after consideration of the question we have decided to revise our original response.

If you use product from a designer who sells at TLP and another store, you will need to verify if the product is currently for sale and where. For example, if you use Kit XYZ from Designer Jane, who sells at TLP and Store123, and Kit XYZ is offered at Store123 but NOT at TLP, that kit will not be allowed for MOC. More simply put, you may use products that are currently for sale at TLP, or retired kits from current designers, but you cannot use product that is only for sale at a store other than TLP.

If anyone has any questions or needs clarification on this, please post here so we can explain further and make sure this is clear for everyone! Thanks!!

2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

That's what I thought. I am in the process of seperating the two designers in question into "solely TLP" folders. :)

Angela Toucan, cfile and mrs2a50 like this.
  3. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Will do the same tomorrow (working today), but I'll just add TLP &/or O to the files. I'm sure I'll end up messing it all up in the end. LOL

4. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I thought it was clear, but now I’m confused.

Are we supposed to check other stores to see if the products are for sale there before we can use them? Otherwise, how are we to know? I don’t want to avoid using certain designers’ products to save this extra work.

How can we verify a retired kit came from TLP? I don’t mark my kits as where they’re retired from.

I’m pretty sure I have items that are retired from TLP (where I originally purchased them) but are active at another store currently. How would these be handled?@mrs2a50.

Since the requirement is now 100%, there isn’t any wiggle room. Thanks, Julie!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  5. mrs2a50

@londoncuppa Margaret, we have a couple of designers who sell both here and at another store. If you weren't aware of that, then you likely won't have any problems with this rule. But if a designer sells at another store, and a product is at that other store, but NOT here, then it won't be allowed for MOC. If it is at BOTH stores, then it is allowed. If it is at NEITHER store, then we will assume it's retired and it is allowed. Does that help?

Ferdy likes this.
  6. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

This is how I understand it: Carol Designer sells her products at TLP and Store B. She has retired some kits from Store A. We can use Carol's products if they are at TLP presently (and may or may not be at B). If they are at B only, they cannot be used. if they're retired, regardless of where they WERE, you can use any Carol products.

7. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

So if a designer now sells only at TLP but you have kits of hers that you bought at another store but are no longer available at that store you can still use them???

Sorry to be so technical but I don't want to redo pages. Probably I will revert to using only actively sold products at TLP as I know that is a safe choice but sometimes there is one item you really love and use repeatedly that fits into that first category spelled out above.

8. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

what abouut retired designers, like dawn or etc dan?

9. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@Cath_ Here is a quote from the Guidelines ( I will highlight part of it)

Your pages must contain 100% Lilypad product. We define this as current or retired product from designers currently selling at The Lilypad.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    Cath_, cfile and umyesh like this.
  10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

They (designers)have to be active here now to use product by them Cath. A designer who has left is not allowed.

Cath_, Sara and umyesh like this.
  11. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

thank you

cfile and Sara like this.
  12. mrs2a50

Yes, in this example, you can still use them.

13. londoncuppa

Thanks, Julie. I’m assuming that if I run across products that I bought at The Pad (and that are now retired from here) but are currently for sale at another store, then I can use them since I originally purchased them from The Pad. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I have all my digital products labeled in such a way that I know where I got them and on which date. I just don’t note if they’re retired.

After having to redo a layout because of retired products in my first MOC, I got into the habit of looking up the items in the store before I start scrapping. I always link in the credits anyway, so this isn’t a big deal. I just don’t want to get dinged if there is TLP retired product for sale somewhere else.

14. mrs2a50

I wouldn't expect we would run into that issue, but if we do, you should be fine because I can confirm purchase here at TLP

londoncuppa likes this.
  15. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

Product question: I used a paper from the TLP blog hop a few months ago. It's not in the store for sale that I could see. so is this acceptable to use?

16. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Hi Margaret and @Pachimac , please don't go to any trouble. You will have no product of mine (unless it's more than 7 years old LOL) that you can't use for MOC. And if anyone does I will personally let them know (it's literally only a couple of small products that are currently only available elsewhere) :agree

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
    cfile and Aerobigirl like this.
  17. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

All of my product is available at the LilyPad apart from two very small add on packs, all of my main kits and collections are all here - any questions feel free to message me :beat

18. mrs2a50

All - I hope this clears things up for everyone - IF the product is sold at TLP, it is okay to use, even if it's sold somewhere else. The restriction only applies to a very few products that are sold at another store but not at TLP.

cfile likes this.
  19. londoncuppa

Thanks, Lynn. Out of curiosity, I looked through my folder for you, and the earliest product purchase I found was for June 6, 2014. I've been buying your stuff for a very long time...lol.

20. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Ha! Love that!

:dancebun

cfile and londoncuppa like this.