Printing Different Sizes of Layouts In One Photobook

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by scrappyjedi, Feb 17, 2016.

1. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I scrap mostly 8.5x11, but I do have the odd layout here and there at 12x12. Most photo book printers don't offer an 8.5x11 size, anyway, so I've been considering just printing a 12x12 book and leaving lots of white space around the 8.5x11 pages. I could reduce everything to a smaller size, but I tend to have lots of journaling and don't want to have to switch to a larger font to make it readable at a smaller size.

Has anyone done anything similar to this? Do you have photos or a finished Shutterfly (or other) book that you could link me up to? I'd love to see!

2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Not very much, but I have included one or two smaller layouts in a larger album a few times. I don't like how it looks so I wouldn't do it a lot. Another thing I've done is type additional journaling in the white space rather than leaving it totally blank. You could also add photos in the white space.

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I've printed with My Publisher. It came out beautiful! I can show you pictures if you want, it was before I found TLP. (It was a Wedding Guest Book I made for a family cousin). My print was sideways... I have a feeling you mean up and down though. Not sure! They ALWAYS send coupons, and I just got a free small print book by signing up for a promotion giveaway. I don't print this size, but I have so many cousins getting married, if one asks for a book, I'll be prepared!

https://www.mypublisher.com/photobooks/sizesandprices

They do have Premium books that are 12 x 12, but they are too expensive and I haven't gotten coupons for those. This site/company is tied to Shutterfly, too!

4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I know it's odd... but can you print it sideways... and have the top part be the binder, like a top sided book or notebook? Just a thought. It's be cool to see a scrapbook open that way, too!

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I haven't. I have seen where people have added 'inserts' to books by making the page, and then trimming off the white space when they get the book. So that page is smaller than the ones around it.

I'd love to see what you decide!

MrsGaramer likes this.
  6. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I put different sizes in different books. I know I wouldn't like the look of it otherwise.

7. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I was going to suggest MyPublisher too. I've gotten a couple of books and the quality is amazing! SIGN UP for their e-mail as they send out GREAT coupon codes! I've had my books ready to go and then when a coupon code come in I hit send on my order.

8. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

You could also consider going into your 8.5 x 11 pages and increasing the canvas to 12x12 and then just putting in a background paper. Then it wouldn't be white space...you could use the same background paper as your original if you still knew what it was. This would be a bit time consuming but then you could print them 12x12 without all the white space.

9. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I just printed an 8.5x11 book through MyPublisher! I totally agree about the great coupons. I just printed mine with a voucher I purchased on Black Friday... $40 for up to 80 lay-flat pages.

I have also printed different sizes in a 12x12 book and just trimmed the excess to make an "insert". Not the best example, but here's one from my blog...

http://tkradtke.blogspot.com/2015/05/project-life-2015-book-one.html