printer vs. monitor colors

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by amien1, Jul 12, 2019.

1. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I have a random question- my knowledge about color profiles & all that jazz is very basic. Like I know the differences between CYMK (print) & RGB (web), but I CANNOT figure out why my printer is printing a completely different color than my monitor/CC is showing. I have my printer color management disabled, CC is the managing the colors, and converted to CYMK profile- but it's still pink instead of purple? I doesn't really matter in this case- it's just a back to school flyer- but I'm hoping if I ever need purple & to print in the future- how to handle that... ;) TIA!
    20190712_160214.jpg

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

@amien1 - Is the printer printing blue okay? If your blue ink tank is out, you would get pink instead of purple.

Another option, save it as a jpg or pdf and see what color other software sees it as.

amien1 likes this.
  3. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I think there is a way to calibrate your monitor/printer colors so they match too, but I've never had to do it

amien1 likes this.
  4. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Interesting you say that because I literally just changed the blue ink today... it did print other things correctly today- so I'm assuming its okay! Good idea about pdf vs. jpg

5. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I don't print super often, but I actually let the printer manage the colors. I haven't tried to do it with the Photoshop management in years, but never had any luck with that approach when I did try.

6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Same as Kim - I let the printer manage my colors.

Angela Toucan and LoveItScrapIt like this.